Lucas Confirms Star Wars spin-off TV series

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Hmmm. I wonder if this creative burst on his part after pretty much doing nothing but "Willow" after the first 3 movies (as far as I know) means he's finally over Linda Ronstadt dumping him? (Or realized that he was lucky that happened...)

Staffan

Legend
WayneLigon said:
Say what? TV seasons are lucky to be 18-20 episodes long now;
22 appears to be the standard. At least that's what Buffy, Babylon 5, Farscape, Stargate SG-1, and Smallville have been. Well, Buffy's first season was 13, but that's because it was a mid-season replacement, and Smallville had one 21 and one 23, but that's because they decided to make the season-ending two-parter a cliffhanger instead.

I recall reading that the standard used to be 26 episodes per season, but due to a strike by the Writer's Guild, they cut that to 22.

Ranger REG said:
Perhaps, but couldn't they hire a better animator/animation studio than the one that did Samurai Jack?

I mean, Star Wars should at very least rate an animation style equivalent of the Thundercats! cartoon.
GAH! Blasphemy! I once thought as you do, but then I found genius in the Zen of animation that Tartakovsky practices.

That said, I can understand that its extremely stylized nature is not everyone's cup o' joe. I love it, though.

Branduil

Hero
20050427l.jpg

Ranger REG

Explorer
Canis said:
GAH! Blasphemy! I once thought as you do, but then I found genius in the Zen of animation that Tartakovsky practices.

That said, I can understand that its extremely stylized nature is not everyone's cup o' joe. I love it, though.
Meh. For a moment, I thought Silent Bob from Clerks is going to have a walk-on role in Clone Wars.

Sorry, but they could go a better animation than that.

KenM

Banned
Banned
So Lucas says he has a 100 episode story arc? Sounds like he is copying JMS's idea for Babylon 5. That was a set story arc, 5 seasons.

Villano

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Meh. For a moment, I thought Silent Bob from Clerks is going to have a walk-on role in Clone Wars.

Sorry, but they could go a better animation than that.

That reminds me, I don't know if anyone's mentioned it here, but Kevin Smith is rumored to be an executive producer on the series:

http://www.insomniacmania.com/news_default.php?id=1777

As for Clones Wars, I didn't like the animation either. I'm not a fan of Genndy Tartakovsky's designs. I liked his stuff on the very cartoony Dexter's Lab, but I never cared for it on Samurai Jack. He pulled back the cartooniness of the designs on Clone Wars, but it was still too much for me.

According to the IMDB, he's going to direct the new Astro Boy movie.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases