Disguise Self

Quasqueton

First Post
Disguise Self & Hat of Disguise:
You make yourself—including clothing, armor, weapons, and equipment—look different. You can seem 1 foot shorter or taller, thin, fat, or in between. You cannot change your body type. Otherwise, the extent of the apparent change is up to you. You could add or obscure a minor feature or look like an entirely different person.
The spell does not provide the abilities or mannerisms of the chosen form, nor does it alter the perceived tactile (touch) or audible (sound) properties of you or your equipment.
If you use this spell to create a disguise, you get a +10 bonus on the Disguise check.
A creature that interacts with the glamer gets a Will save to recognize it as an illusion.
Am I correct in thinking that a dwarf must/would still look like a dwarf, or a human a human?

And how much interaction with the illusion is enough for the Will save?

Quasqueton

Percivellian

First Post
I'd say standard spot check DC 20 (like detecting invisibility) to notice if something is "off", and make a Will save to figure it out. Obviously, touching part of a disguise that doesn't really exist (i.e. - that extra foot in height) should be cause for a Will save, if not an automatic success.

moritheil

First Post
Percivellian said:
I'd say standard spot check DC 20 (like detecting invisibility) to notice if something is "off", and make a Will save to figure it out. Obviously, touching part of a disguise that doesn't really exist (i.e. - that extra foot in height) should be cause for a Will save, if not an automatic success.

No automatic success, unless the spell indicates it. Just a will save "when interacted with" for most illusions.

If this doesn't make sense to you, you could think of it this way: Two sensory input modes are in conflict, and you have to figure out which one to believe.

Staffan

Legend
Quasqueton said:
Disguise Self & Hat of Disguise:Am I correct in thinking that a dwarf must/would still look like a dwarf, or a human a human?
A human could disguise himself as a relatively tall dwarf. He'd have a -2 on his disguise check, because he's impersonating a different race, but the +10 helps a lot with that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases