Orc & Pie T-shirts

adndgamer

First Post
Does anybody remember these? I still have mine stored away from whichever GenCon that was.. 2000 maybe? Just wondering who else grabbed up one of these. They'll probably be collector's items someday.

orchid blossom

Explorer
I think it was 2001. I picked one up for Ao the Overkitty the last time I went, and it was still in Milwaukee then. I moved out to Albany from Wisconsin in 2000, right after GenCon, and I know it was after that.

That said, he loves that shirt. It will be worn out......

Quickbeam

Explorer
It was 2002 if I'm not mistaken, because I attended the '03 and '04 Indy GenCons and Barendd Nobeard was kind enough to pick one up for me the year before.

While I love the shirt, I asked for an XXL on the presumption that it might be a poor quality T and shrink lots/wear poorly over time. I was, however, mistaken and the shirt has held up exceedingly well...and remained a bit oversized. C'est la vie.

Jaws

First Post
I got mine at the last GenCon that was in Milwaukee (2002). I even had it signed by Monte Cook and Rob Lee. Rob was the artist who created the "I Survived" logo on the front of the shirt.

After many washing the signatures wore off. But I love to wear it when I'm around non-gamers. Always is a conversation starter.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
orchid blossom said:
I think it was 2001. I picked one up for Ao the Overkitty the last time I went, and it was still in Milwaukee then. I moved out to Albany from Wisconsin in 2000, right after GenCon, and I know it was after that.

That said, he loves that shirt. It will be worn out......

Hmm.. I haven't worn that in a while, but it has been winter and all. And yes, I love my shirt. I always get comments on it when I wear it, whether I'm in a gamers crowd or not.

Vanye

Explorer
I love my Orc'n'pie!

Tis a great shirt. I never fail to get strange looks when i wear it. :)

Almost as many as my Pervy Hobbit Fancier shirt. :p

Glad you guys like them. They are good conversation starters.

For what it's worth, my wife is selling the last one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2545&item=5189370601&

She's got some other cool stuff up this time (she does an Ebay sale every year) including the first couple issues of Shadis from when it was a little fanzine-type mag, some old Marvel and TSR miniatures, Knights of the Dinner Table #1, and whatnot.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases