Creepy...

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
shilsen said:
Recently, the PCs in my group were investigating an area in the undercity (Sharn, from Eberron) where they had fought some aberrations. They found a couple of hastily-abandoned rooms which included little besides a mirror on the wall and a crawlspace. Inside the latter, they found a strange-looking bag with splotches on it, which then turned out to be the skin of human-being who'd had all the stuffing sucked out of him (still had dessicated bones & organs inside). One caught a glimpse in the mirror of a grayish humanoid form leaning over those looking at the skin-bag, even though nobody could see it, and caressing the back of one's neck with a tentacle. It disappeared from the mirror as soon as he raised the alarm.

The next few minutes were spent trying to detect whatever might be in there with them, with little success and growing trepidation on the part of the explorers. The artificer tried to examine the mirror, at which point it went dead gray and for an instant showed a small eye in its center, which rapidly expanded to fill the entire mirror, which then exploded. Once the bleeding and dazed artificer was healed, he managed to infuse a see invisibility spell, which revealed the two rooms to be full from roof to ceiling of invisible, intangible webs, which were moving very gently in a non-existent breeze. The party got the hell out of there :D
Wow...

Nebulous

Legend
I ran a CoC adventure where the PC's went through an old asylum looking for clues for a mysterious cult known only as Ktulu. They were sort of 1920's paranormal investigators funded by the government (i.e. start of Delta Green). The best part was that the actual pictures I used were from a real asylum: Danvers.

The pics alone were enough to set them on edge. The rotted zombies in the basement were just icing on the cake.

Attachments

• int1.jpg
    int1.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 1,041
  • int14.jpg
    int14.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 938
  • tun16.jpg
    tun16.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 915
  • ext14.jpg
    ext14.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 971

Tetsubo

First Post
The creepiest thing I've ever done as a GM was a Necromancer that ran a necrophile brothel.

He had zombie "prostitutes" tied to beds for his customers.

He had two "special" models as well. These two poor individuals (one male, one female) had been turned into zombies while still alive. They were zombies but still had souls and were quite aware of what was going on. Each client got to use a Control Amulet that let them make these "special" models do anything they wished. Knowing that inside that rotting corpse was a human soul screaming to get out. Once freed the male asked to be killed. The female took the Amulet, placed it around her own neck and it melted into her flesh. She was now free willed undead. She took some money from her former "master", a few weapons, his client list and ripped off his genitals as a parting gesture (he was alive at that point...). Over the next month or so reports started coming in about a string of murders with specific forms of mutilation...

That creeped out my players...

I planned on bringing her back as an NPC at some point but the campaign ended.

Tetsubo

First Post
Nebulous said:
I ran a CoC adventure where the PC's went through an old asylum looking for clues for a mysterious cult known only as Ktulu. They were sort of 1920's paranormal investigators funded by the government (i.e. start of Delta Green). The best part was that the actual pictures I used were from a real asylum: Danvers.

The pics alone were enough to set them on edge. The rotted zombies in the basement were just icing on the cake.

Nebulous (great nick btw) - have you seen the movie Session 9? It's set in the Danvers Asylum. It's not a bad film.

There are some moments of creep here that I don't think I could ever approach.

My last creepy moment was in the Mhair Jungles, and was done as an homage to Fulci's Zombi. As they entered the forest, they saw one of the natives watching them from the shadows. He just stood there, ignoring their salutations. As they got closer, they noticed that he kept reaching down to about stomach level, raising his hand back to his mouth, and chewing listlessly. Once they got even closer, they saw that he was in fact reaching into his stomach cavity and removing maggots to eat. The zombie moaned and lurched forward, maggots spilling from his mouth.

Session 9 is a interesting film. Didn't realize it was shot in Danvers.

My new favorite thread! Let me finish reading it later today, and I'll contribute. I'm a big fan of creepiness. I've been accused of turning fantasy games into Cthulhu games before. ;)

Belen

Adventurer
d20 Future: I threw an undead USAF crewman at the players. He was unique in that he was found in the medical bay crucified by IV tubing. Later, then he attacked. He had a ranged attack where he used the tubing almost like chains that did piercing damaged and could wither drain blood or pump preservative fluids into the victim.

It freaked everyone out.

carpedavid

First Post
The creepiest thing I think I ever threw at my characters was a prison that was a 20-story deep pit where political enemies of the Emperor were sent to die. While exploring it, they found a torture toom, and in the room was a glass vat with a man floating in a reddish-yellow liquid. They realized, upon inspection, that the man was bound in his current position, and had a ring of water breathing on one hand, and a ring of regeneration (acid only) on the other.

After mercifully freeing the man from his torture, they set out to explore the rest of the torture room, and came across a stack of wooden crates (about 3'x3'). One of the characters sat down on one, and heard a moan come from inside. Opening it up revealed a gaunt, nearly dead prisoner. They then looked at the stack of crates and realized that there were at least a hundred of them.

I think that was the creepiest session we've ever had.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases