The Blade of Phoee (Updated 12/08/08)

Funeris

First Post
Don't I know it?

Well...it was an update in the spirit of Spider Jerusalem...and if you don't know what I mean, you should really be reading his story as well (it'll give me more time to update ;))

Besides, the man pimps my thread semi-regularly in his own thread...he deserves some props.

:D

And you don't know how hard it was to not quote one of my favorite writers when Anastrianna was ordering Aramil & Gabrielle about...and they sat there like bumps on a log.

"You were sick. But now you're better. And there's work to do."

Anyone know which author that is? (And if you answer, it'll be a great way to bump the thread).....anyone who knows the answer gets a cookie.

~Fune

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Still a tease...

Your still a tease.

And to have you know I have started reading Spider's story hour. Have it all printed up here on my desk. I love the download thread ability.

Funeris

First Post
I'm on an updating rampage...oh yes. Who, who I ask, updates 6 times within 6 days?? Who??

You know what this means.....INCOMING!!!!!!

Funeris

First Post
Chapter 2: Journey into Darkness continued

Ana broke free of the shadowed forest as the first rays of dawn broke upon its gluttonous leaves. Her destination in sight, she doubled pace pushing beyond her own limits. Her jerkin rubbed uncomfortably against her skin. Drenched in sweat, the leather was heavy, rough, and shredding flesh. Cassock’s blood had dried early into the journey. Now, dark stains and thick streaks of crust rested across her arms, hands and clothing.

As she reached the closed door, she skidded to a halt and slid her bow across her arm. Ana dug into her sack and pulled out her waterskin. Quickly, she gulped as much as she could and tried to collect some sense of composure. Then she slapped the skin back into the sack and pounded heavily on the door.

Silence was her only answer.

Angrily, she threw her full weight against the door. If not for the heavy bolt, the door would have likely rattled off its frame. She rubbed the tender flesh of her shoulder and kicked the damnable oaken barrier. Amidst the pounding, she heard the sound of stumbling coming from within the cottage. She halted kicking and resumed pounding the barricade with her fist.

The sound of a bolt sliding warned the rogue of the opening door and she halted her attack. Tobus stuck his head out, massaging the sleep from his eyes. Still in the white robes, his black medallion somehow gathered the early morning sunlight and beamed it directly into Ana’s face. Reflexively, her arm shot up to shield her eyes from the harsh rays.

Damnable Child! Why do you torment me?! Was it not enough to keep me up late last night that you had to awaken me early this morn?

Ana’s arm lowered. Tobus’ beady eyes followed the dried blood upon her limbs and he examined her clothing. With a harrumph his eyes shot back toward her face. “Well? Don’t awaken a man and stand outside his door mute like the town fool! What in the hells do you want?”

With steel in her voice the Lady answered, “I need some healing draughts. That is your job, is it not Priest?”

“You’re not wounded,” Tobus accused. He hastily slammed the door. Only the Lady’s foot prevented closure.

“Your powers of observation are dazzling,” she retorted. “The draughts are for my companion.”

“I can’t help you then. I don’t serve heathens.” Tobus’ sneer seemed carved in stone. Hatred flared within his eyes.

“They’re not for the halfling or the half-elf, you stubborn dolt. They’re for the man accompanying us. Cassock.”

“I still can’t help you, Lady Rowen.” The priest mockingly bowed as he renewed his attempt to close the aperture. This time her hand slapped against the door, pushing it open wider.

You will sell me the healing draughts,” she commanded. “If you wish to have a home to preach from in the coming days, you’ll do as I say. If my father learns of your dissension, you will find yourself a homeless beggar!” She cautiously removed her hand, keeping her body wedged between door and frame. “Now, be a good priest and fetch the potions.”

Tobus grumbled as he turned from the door and stalked toward his laboratory. He headed toward a small wooden rack, upon which sat a variety of potions. He thumbed quickly through the selection, staring at the labels. He snatched three vials full of healing draughts and pivoted toward the main room. Before he reached the door, he spun again and returned to the wooden rack. He swapped one of the healing draughts for a specially brewed poison. With a quick motion, he removed all three labels from the vials and walked toward his intruder.

“One hundred and fifty gold pieces,” he demanded, roughly shoving the draughts into her hands.

She slid the vials into her pouch and quickly paid his fee. Turning, she ran back toward the forest.

“Good riddance,” the priest declared as he shut and re-bolted his door.

Funeris

First Post
Nope nope nope. He's not a very nice priest. But...he obeys his scripture...so while not nice, he is at least devout. His god would be proud of that underhanded switcheroo.

I'll get another update up tonight. Had a business luncheon...eh...what a waste of time. I could've been writing or something! My bosses will never learn.

Sheesh.

Funeris

First Post
Its so nice to see religious rivalry. Oh yes. If I had a nickel for every time an NPC has told Cassock that his god is dead and he should just let it go/move on, I wouldn't be forced to attend boring luncheons. I'd be so rich I could pay my friends to camp out in my living room and DnD all the time.

That'd be heaven.

But poor Cassock (and Yeti), so sure he's right. So absolutely certain that I wouldn't be such a bastard as to allow him to worship a dead god. And with all he has "seen". Heh.

Well, I guess at some point we'll find out for sure one way or the other...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases