Looking for players to join my SAN JOSE CA, BAY AREA game (Planescape)

Oryan77

Adventurer
Hey, I DM a 3.5 Planescape game in the San Jose/Sunnyvale area.

I run a Planescape 3.5 campaign set pre Faction Wars. The players are all 5th-6th lvl. I allow races from any other WoTC setting (except Eberron) as long as we have the book for it. I stick mainly to WoTC/TSR products to use in my game. I run published adventures (mostly converted older editions) but I tweak them to fit our game. I also can run side quests for individual players on off days if they want. I use story twists, romance, some vileness, humor, traps/puzzles, unique NPC's, & an equal amount of roleplaying & combat. I try to include all forms of adventures taking place in all forms of environments. I love variety!

I try to shoot for at least 2 Saturdays a month. Also, if you have a place to play, we are willing to meet there if the environment is presentable.

The ideal player would be:

Between 20-30 y/o
- Enjoy roleplaying & character growth
- Have a sense of humor, laid back, social, & enjoyable to be around
- Isn't creepy, immature, or extremely shy
- Have good hygiene & won’t be annoying
- Drinking is cool, but no drugs around us
- Not a rules lawyer
- Trusts the DM to be fair & you won't play vs the DM but rather vs the NPCs (I'm not out to get you...but my NPCs are!)
- Put the storyline first and game mechanics second
- Non argumentative (inform me if I'm wrong, but don't argue with me please)
- No 3.5 experience needed but willing to learn the basics to get by (we can help ya)
- Able to attend most sessions & can handle playing for 8 hours in a day
- Doesn’t live a controversial lifestyle

(I know these player requests seem strict or a bit much, but I've met my fair share of "weird" rpgers. We just want to meet some fun, normal, laid back people like ourselves that won't bring drama to the table unless it's part of the game!)

If you're interested, you can read about us & my game in the next post...

-Ryan
email:
oryan1977 at yahoo.com

Last edited:

Oryan77

Adventurer
About us & the campaign:

DM - me, 28 y/o – 9 years on & off DM’ing/player experience
Player 1 (Half-Elf Sorceress)– female (my gf) 23 y/o – 1 year player experience
Player 2 (Dwarf Monk)- male 25 - 4 years DM'ing/player experience
Player 3 (Human Cleric)- male 26 – 5 years DM'ing/player experience

We are all very down to earth no-nonsense people. We like to laugh and joke about everything and we are the type to get along with other fun & friendly people.

We don’t use accented voices when playing but I may use voice patterns sometimes to give the impression of who you’re interacting with (using accented voices weirds me out). My game isn't overwhelmed by magic items/shops, but I try to hand out items that will make the players feel special.

I give out half xp to slow level progression down, but I give roleplaying XP, adventure completion XP, & encounter XP. This is because I like the feel of living your characters lives & bonding with him instead of just maxing him out, becoming epic lvl quickly, and rolling up new PC's. I’d like players who are long term and would like to make new friends. Besides this, I don’t use many other house rules.

If my game sounds good and you think you'd be a good fit, and I haven’t scared you away, then shoot me an email and we can first get to know each other online. Then if we get good vibes from one another; we can meet in person before a game and maybe roll up a PC & just hang out. Feel free to ask me ANY questions too. I’m a very understanding and respectable person and I’d like to make you feel as comfortable around us as we’d like to feel around you.

-Ryan
email:
oryan1977 at yahoo.com

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases