D6 to D20 Star Wars Conversion - Floating Fortress

The_Universe

First Post
I did an eyeball conversion of a D6 vehicle into D20 Star Wars, and I was hoping someone could let me know how close I came to the "official" conversion, since I *think* this thing appeared in the D20 Arms and Equipment Guide. Regardless, here's my attempt...

Craft: Ubrikkian HAVr A9 Floating Fortress
Size: Colossal (17.4m)
Passengers: 10 (troops)
Cargo Capacity: 1 metric ton
Speed: 80
Max Velocity: 200 kmh
Cost: Not available for sale
Crew: 4 (Skilled +4)
Initiative: -2 (-6 Size, +4 Crew)
Maneuver: -2 (-6 Size, +4 Crew)
Defense: 12 (-6 Size, +8 Armor)
Shield Points: 0
Hull Points: 50 (DR 10)

Weapon: Twin Heavy Blaster Cannon
Fire Arc: Turret
Attack Bonus: +8 (-4 Size, +4 Crew, +8 Fire Control)
Damage: 6d8
Range Increment: 100m

The_Universe

First Post
Sweet - I'll take that as a high compliment, since I know you've been running D20 Star Wars for a while.

I'll probably go through my other D6 books and start converting, as well. I'm trying to find something that WotC converted (but that I haven't seen) so that I can see how close to official my conversion method works out to be. The command speeder from the Imperial Sourcebook has been converted as well, but I can't do a blind test. I might try a B-Wing or something and see how close I get with that....

Pbartender

First Post
D20 Floating Fortress conversion at SWRPGNetwork...

Floating Fortress - d20 Stats

This is the urban counterpart to the AT-AT walker, intended to crush uprisings in urban areas. Because it is a repulsorlift vehicle, it is able to work its way through cluttered or broken urban areas with little difficulty. Its strong armor allows it to plow through buildings if necessary. This model is put into service early in the reign of the Empire, but similar models were used during the Clone Wars.

Craft: Ubrikkian HAVr A9 Floating Fortress
Class: Ground (Speeder)
Cost: n/a
Size: Gargantuan (17.4 m long)
Crew: Skilled +4 (2 pilots, 2 gunners)
Initiative: +0 (-4 size, +4 crew)
Maneuver: +0 (-4 size, +4 crew)
Passengers: 10 (troops)
Cargo Capacity: 1 metric ton
Speed: 70 m
Max. speed: 200 km/h
Altitude: up to 2 meters
Defense: 16 (+10 armor, -4 size)
Hull Points: 150 (DR 15)

Weapon: Heavy blaster cannons (2)
Fire Arc: Turret
Attack Bonus: +2 (-4 size, +2 crew, +4 fire control)
Damage: 5d10
Range: 200 m

You know, there's enough differences between the two of those to have a "light" and "heavy" version...maybe could tweak yours to hold a few more troops, or the other way around.

The_Universe

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
You know, there's enough differences between the two of those to have a "light" and "heavy" version...maybe could tweak yours to hold a few more troops, or the other way around.
Feel free to use it as such. I'll tool around on the conversion site, and see if I can't hone my converting skillz. :D

Remove ads