Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Some more thoughts, in which I quote myself.

Succubi, Orgasm, Death and Soneillon’s Paraphilia

Chthonics do not die in any normal sense when slain; rather they become Nothing – i.e. Void. In this regard they are different from other entities, who may ascend (or descend) to some other state, be subsumed, reborn, reincarnated or whose existence may simply end. From Nothing, they may become again; it is posited that vestiges – in thought, memory, dreams or some other medium – are sufficient for a kernel of potentiality to form, around which the chthonic may remainifest at some later time. In the interim, they are not – in the sense that they possess no distinct individuality – Nothing itself is assumed to be fundamentally undifferentiated. They “rest in the bosom of the Ancient.”

The experience of becoming Nothing – which is to say the moment at which the entity passes from a sense of individual selfhood to the annihilation of the self and the assertion of Nothing as true – is analagous to orgasm in many ways; for Soneillon – “The Mango in Cheshne’s Mouth” it is apparent that they are identical. She craves annihilation, specifically the experience of being annihilated, and the madness which she suffers – the delirium which the pseudonatural template in some way represents – can be understood as her inability to realize this need.

With a passing thought, Kaalaanala – the Primordial Fear of Destruction – annihilated Soneillon in an agony of unguessable magnitude; moments later, the demoness arose again from the Void. The passage had left her sated and subdued. Soneillon swayed drowsily; she was permitted to enjoy the sensation only briefly.

Kaalaanala – being sadistic – allows Soneillon to experience her “reward” for only a short time. Soneillon’s goading of Eadric to kill her in the Mésalliance can also be understood in this context

"Remain ignorant then, Eadric. Finish me. I'll make it easy for you," her smile was that of a creature which exulted in evil and destruction.

He wavered.

"You are a coward," she screamed, spitting black blood.
Her frustration is directed at him because he will not kill her. A kind of excessum interruptum, from her point of view.

It is possible that succubi are anorgasmic. From an Oronthonist perspective, this would be fitting punishment – presumably for celestials whose initial fall was linked with a display of or preoccupation with carnality. It is also possible that chthonics – who have shaken off this paradigm – are no longer subject to this limitation, or have reframed it within the context of experiencing annihilation. It seems that Soneillon was permitted to experience climax in the context of Eadric’s pursuit of the Path of Lightning; something which might, in fact, be interpreted as grace on the part of Oronthon

Her heat never abated. There was no indication of artifice in her desire, only the need for continual and infinitely varied sensation: taboo did not exist, or existed only to be broken, and when they coupled violently on the shattered altar of the chapel, Eadric did not know whether they had profaned it, or sanctified it.

And then, with regard to Orm:

"Your presence here may be less enduring than you imagine," Orm suggested.

"Ignorance!" Soneillon snapped. "I have apprehended that chapel in a Moment. Can you claim the same? Do not speak to me of tenacity, nor the length of my own shadow. Now begone!"

Something which is later reframed in her words to Eadric:

I have not interfered with the chapel; it is no less holy to me than to you: something which was difficult to impress upon your brother.

I’ve tried to shy away from a run-of-the-mill masochistic explananation for Soneillon’s need for her own extinction:

[Faheth]: This is no parlour game, Ahma, practiced by the bored wife of some thane from Hethio for her idle amusement; nor a wanton thrill offered by a drunken streetwalker. No brand of masochism is so extreme: she will ask you to do great violence to her; to push her repeatedly to death and beyond. It may break your mind.

But I’m not sure how well I’ve communicated it. Soneillon is not an algolagniac, per se; rather she would view the most intense and unimaginable pain as a kind of foreplay or prelude to death-orgasm. There is no equivalent paraphilia amongst mere mortals, because they can experience death only once. The same is not true of chthonics, for whom annihilation can be experienced on multiple occasions.

And if your boyfriend is capable of performing true resurrection

Trust assumes a new meaning.

Last edited:

Bloodcookie

Explorer
I see now. I had supposed she was literally applying a Nietzschean program of growth through affliction, but I'd somehow overlooked the possibility that something could kill her AND make her stronger (you'd think I would have noticed by now that death is rarely a permanent obstacle around these parts :p ).

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Sep, is this Soneillon's specific way of being chthonic, or is it common also to entities such as Carasch? The eroticism of death seems more likely to characterize a succubus than a balor.

Tal Rasha

Explorer
There has got to be some sort of deeper connection between Soneillon and Nehael. Is there some link between them that is escaping me or I'm forgetting?
What, you mean besides both of them being fulcrums around which realities are reshaped? Nehael being the beginning of paradigmatic shattering, and Soneillon possibly the end? Nehael and Soneillon both representing different kinds of unattainability?

Not to worry. I'm sure our minds will be blown anew soon.

In other news. Carasch acting as Soneillon's guard. Wow. Tense negotiations, indeed. Holes in the fence, indeed.

Sepulchrave II said:
And now he is at Deorham, indulging her whims and demonstrating compassion; which Nehael sucks out of him like some green vampire. I can’t stage an assault while he’s there.
I liked this tidbit.

Sep, is this Soneillon's specific way of being chthonic, or is it common also to entities such as Carasch? The eroticism of death seems more likely to characterize a succubus than a balor.

Soneillon's, I think. I haven't really considered the sexuality of chthonic balors. :-S

Succubi are uniquely compelling, despite their overexposure. Soneillon is, in many ways, really an expression of Cheshne Herself - or as close as mortal understanding can come to Cheshne. Hence, her rejection of Cheshne's Shadow (the Apparition), in favor of a more authentic relationship with Cheshne. Soneillon's symbolism is drawn primarily from the (admittedly, darkened) idea of a Dakini in Tibetan tantrism, as well as Kali in Hinduism - her "Trempan Peasant-Girl" persona is inspired by Parvati.

The assertion "I just want to play" is also influenced by Hindu notions of lila; the universe as the playground of Kali/Shakti and/or Brahman.

All of which - from my quirky perspecive, at least - fall under the umbrella of Scorpionic and Plutonic symbolism. Operatically, Liebestod. Or Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen.

Whatever.

Last edited:

tleilaxu

First Post
speaking of carnality and its implements....

ever since soneillon pulled the urn out its, uh, hiding place ('you serve only to neuter me') i've always thought of pharamme's urn as a diaphragm.

which is ironic since the urn -enhances- power. it brings forth stuff. but in the context of nothingness, is this not profylactic?

speaking of carnality and its implements....

ever since soneillon pulled the urn out its, uh, hiding place ('you serve only to neuter me') i've always thought of pharamme's urn as a diaphragm.

which is ironic since the urn -enhances- power. it brings forth stuff. but in the context of nothingness, is this not profylactic?

Look, a tree! You're lucky I'm drunk and you're 12,000 miles away.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases