Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Here's something that I've been wondering about lately.

Are the heroes of Sep's SH losing their humanity? I don't mean whether their subtype is still [humanoid] or whether they have templates; I mean their outlook is no longer human.

I mean, Eadric is all beyond-good-or-evil, dating a succubus queen. (Well, I guess he *was* dating a succubus queen. Who knows what he's dating now.) He seems to have little fear of scandalizing peasants. Mostin has transcended humanity and become an eyelidless native outsider. He is obsessed with every greater transcendence. Ortwin is a sidhe, and so has the boredom/detachment issues of the fey, and is cross-gendered besides. If he's not feeling guilty about how he treated his wife, he should be. Nwm's world view seems to have been transformed, as is symbolized by the VoP he took. Mulissu is dead. Shomei is dead.

I have no idea how far the campaign has advanced beyond the point of the last update, but it seems that our heroes have gone so far beyond the conventional that they would no longer fit into society. Death, paradigm destroying experiences and great power have made them beyond human.

Thoughts?

Moleculo

First Post
I would definately agree. It seems natural though, that they would have to transcend typically human interests or else fall into ennui/nihilism (ie get tired of playing thier characters).

Rackhir

Explorer
Journeyman said:
WWMD? What would Mostin Do?

Ah young one, you obviously have not perused the sacred texts enough, for we already know the answer to this questions.

"If I were a political animal – which, of course, I am not, because that would violate the Great Injunction," he coughed, and stroked Mogus. "If I were, however, I would marry the Duchess, storm and secure the palace, assassinate the king, usurp the crown, and retroengineer all of my bloodlines to validate my claim to the throne. I would then begin to ruthlessly suppress any resistance to my rule, and have all of my chief rivals murdered. That’s the way it’s usually done, isn’t it? Except, in your case, you could claim divine right as well. I would declare myself Eadric I, Holy Emperor of Wyre and the Voice of Oronthon on Earth. I would unite Church and State into a single, seamless body. I would also issue commands to the effect that all avians must be shot on sight. A golden, birdless era of peace and prosperity would dawn across Wyre."

Lela

First Post
Rackhir said:
I would also issue commands to the effect that all avians must be shot on sight. A golden, birdless era of peace and prosperity would dawn across Wyre."

All hail Mostin. May the birds fall from their great, and unearned, heights. All hail Mostin.

Jarl

First Post
In the earlier stages in the campaign, Eadric and the lot were confronted with entities like Titivilus which must have seemed alien to them at first.
From one perspective I think they have gotten closer to the paradigms of devils and other überhumane entities if they really have put their humanities behind to deal with the epic struggles personally. Take on Graz'zt in a face to face manner, instead of doing it so that life can go on in Morne or whatever. Do you understand, or think I'm wrong maybe?

the Jester

Legend
Shadow at the Edge said:
Is it just me or has this thread been dead for about a year now, apart from a little 'dead cat bounce'?

Last update = 5/15/05.

Granted, it was a while before that one- but never give up hope.

Cheiromancer said:
July and November of 2004, thrice in May of this year. Maybe that should count as one big update. But, yeah.
Oy, that implies the time between updates is expanding: Jul-Nov = 4 months, Nov-May = 6 months, so the next update shouldn't occur until..... Dec. Ugh. :) :)

Hopefully the smileys don't become a symbol of irony in December....

ForceUser

Explorer
Writing a neverending story is hard work, and at some point one just has to take a break. Sep's given us a lot of words for nothing in return. I, for one, am grateful for what he chose to share with us.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases