Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Roman

First Post
That was a great read. It appears the war has now begun in earnest. We will see how the convoluted dealings of Mostin and the other characters help shape the outcome of what is happening in Wyre.

Thanks for the update, Sep. This is the best one of the last two years, IMO. :)

There's something I don't undertstand. The bad guys have conjured fiends and sent them into Wyre. Hasn't the Injunction been revised to forbid them from doing so? Why isn't the Enforcer doing anything?

Rary said:
There's something I don't undertstand. The bad guys have conjured fiends and sent them into Wyre. Hasn't the Injunction been revised to forbid them from doing so? Why isn't the Enforcer doing anything?

The Injunction applies only to wizards; the Enforcer extended it to include wizardly theurges. Sorcerers, clerics, favored souls etc. etc. are not subject to it.

The bulk of the Cheshnite ritual pool are wizardly theurges, but by no means all of them.

Baron Opal

First Post
Wasn't Tarn the high level cleric that Nwm blew the snot out of with the call lightning? I think that Eadric resurrected him anhe was a pretty high level cleric. Although, I doubt the Oronthion church has anywhere near the organization of the Cheshnites.

Hey... Who's the new Patriarch of the church? Did the PCs erase all of the talented people of the church? That would be a problem.

Er, have you read over the stats for the bad guys Eadric and friends are up against? These aren't the sorts that you just walk up to and start hitting until they go down.
Eadrin and co. are also badasses, though.

Anyway, they've had ample opportunity to bump off some of these enemies prior to the current ultra-epic times. Rimilin, for example -- I'm sure they could've taken him -- and he was indirectly responsible for Sorraine and Tahl's deaths, so he definitely has it coming.

Samnell

Explorer
Wasn't Tarn the high level cleric that Nwm blew the snot out of with the call lightning?

I don't think so. My search of the first couple pages of the Tales of Wyre thread reveals no Tarn at all. Tahl was Eadric's friend who was ordered by the Inquisition to come after Nehael way back in the day. He died in the battle of Mourne, at which point Titivilius then came to begin his role as the Ahma's temptation. Ed later resurrected him to fight the Chesnites, along with several other dead dignitaries who we have not seen much of. One of them was Rede, Ed's biggest foe among Orthodoxy for quite a while.

Nwm nuked Mellion, commander of the army sent to bring Eadric in...along with something on the order of 800 members of said army. About 20% of its strength.

A man named Tramst was among the host. He summoned a deva to bring divine retribution to the heretic and his pagan friend. The deva offered this price, in my personal favorite part of the SH:

The deva nodded. "If I do this, then here is your task in payment: you will willingly endure the torments of the lowest hell for eternity, secure in the knowledge that your perfect faith will sustain you, because you have never done an impure deed or thought an impure thought."

Tramst looked astounded.

"A different task, perhaps?" The deva asked.

Nightbreeze

First Post
A man named Tramst was among the host. He summoned a deva to bring divine retribution to the heretic and his pagan friend. The deva offered this price, in my personal favorite part of the SH:

*chuckles*

Truly, the few amusing moments concerning celestials are REALLY amusing.

By the way, if I remember correctly, Mellion was nothing to sneeze at. He was simply unprepared, and had low hp. IIRC, he was around level 16.

In any case, if Eadric and Tahl are reaching back with true resurrections...well, it is said that Eadric, even before becoming ahma, was the strongest warrior in two generations. But 200+ years are more than two generations, so who knows what kind of allies they gathered this way.

At the same time, why is that I feel like Nwm is going to perform another stunt? I mean, the first time he squashed the temple's army, then he suddenly pulled out of nowhere the first epic spell cast by PCs, then if my understanding of Afquitan's Confrontantion, at the end it was the Green that delivered the final solution. He is estabilishing the habit of having the final say, it seems.

Anyway, Sep's campaign has truly shaped my view on epic level campaigns, and I have freely taken bits and pieces here and there.

Sep, I would LOVE to hear more about the Viridity and the Green, even disorganized bits of information. Saizhan has been often explained (but never understood, at least by me :heh: ), but nobody really speaks much about the Green, and Nwn isn't exactly forthcoming.

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
Sep, I would LOVE to hear more about the Viridity and the Green, even disorganized bits of information. Saizhan has been often explained (but never understood, at least by me :heh: ), but nobody really speaks much about the Green, and Nwn isn't exactly forthcoming.

I'm no theologian, but if I read the SH correctly then Saizhan isn't meant to be understood (by mortal minds, anyway). It's deliberately ineffable.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases