Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Nightbreeze

First Post
A couple of questions for those who remember the story better than I do
(alas, I don't have the time to reread it all)

1. How did Sep manage the epic Fortification of characteristics? I remember that they implicitly denied the abuse of the absurd +INT bonus they got from the ritual intended to use the web of motes, but how about your standard everyday +20/30to INT / STR etc. Green benediction had a +20 to three abilities I think.

I am asking because my group has a circle of wizards providing a total of -250 mitigation. (it was -400 before, but they were unprepared for the assassins, hehehe). We agree that this aspect of the epic spells has to be contained, but not sure what rule to establish. (been thinking about "enhancement bonus to characteristics cannot be higher to half the CL of primary caster).

2) At what point did the Claviger enter the scene and what was its effect on the warfare. Did he come in before the start of the war with the Chesnites? I think that he included divine magic in his rules after the start (which pissed them off). Can you link me to its rules? Also, why did Mostin willingly limit himself by binding Gihaaia...and actually, what IS the Claviger and how did they awaken him? xD

Sorry, so much to remember and I don't.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Nightbrezee, I think re-reading the whole thing is a good start. :angel:

As for the wizards ... high level casters tend to be highly indyvidualistic people. Convincing that many to work together for the epic spell is an adventure in itself. From what I remember of the Sep's party stats they have templates and often use that to mitigate buff-power. Or spam dispels on enemies approaching. :devil:

My personal mitigation on additional participans is simple. For the purpouses of Epic spell you couldn't get more extra casters than Your natural primary casting ability bonus. With int 43 it is 16 extra casters. And I never let my players treat NPC's as their "walking wallets" but like "real people".

tleilaxu

First Post
so when i came on and saw the board had gotten hacked, what was the first thought?

'omg, what happened to sep's thread? is it gone?'

sep, if you never post again you've already given me a lot.
of course as good ol' uncle ovid says, we always want more:

'nitimur in vetitum semper cupimusque negatum'

Nightbreeze

First Post
Nightbrezee, I think re-reading the whole thing is a good start. :angel:

As for the wizards ... high level casters tend to be highly indyvidualistic people. Convincing that many to work together for the epic spell is an adventure in itself. From what I remember of the Sep's party stats they have templates and often use that to mitigate buff-power. Or spam dispels on enemies approaching. :devil:

My personal mitigation on additional participans is simple. For the purpouses of Epic spell you couldn't get more extra casters than Your natural primary casting ability bonus. With int 43 it is 16 extra casters. And I never let my players treat NPC's as their "walking wallets" but like "real people".

I agree that NPC's are not to be treated as walking wallets, but my group has been building and defending a city since 2006, so they pretty much have deserved the loyalty of the local low-mid level spellcasters :) Which of course means that I already manage to murder a third of them because they were not careful enough, and may manage to get the now heavily defended group of spellcasters infiltrated by "refugee" mages from other cities.

In the end we opted for a "enhancement bonus can't be higher than 1/2 your caster level".

I will admit that I am shamelessly stealing stuff from Sep's files :(

A depowered Visuit (without her deific bonuses) almost TPKed the party the first time she met them. She has a special theme ("molecular destruction" by audiomachine) and now they :):):):) their pants whenever they hear it (has happened twice in the last 2 years).

Erevanden

Explorer
I'm currently suffering from pharyngitis, yesterday had to take dipyrone incjection (high degree fever, 39,5 celsius), and was wondering, if Sep could ease my bedstay with an update ?? :lol:

Gwarok

Explorer
I have to say, although my hopes were not high, knowing Sep's love of pagan calendar events I was kinda hoping of an update on the Solstice. Oh well :) MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL, especially to my favorite story hour contributor!

Remove ads