Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Soramain

Explorer
Well... Why?

I've had some success making mock of this style for my own games, but the benefit comes more from understanding the structures and the reasons for their existence than from direct copying. For a 3.X game, Wyre establishes and enforces certai assumptions about what things mean that are different from standard, and it's the unequivocal player buy in which makes it work. Wizards being scholars who devote their lives rather than just being a class of people who happen to own reality. Outsiders who matter. Gods and powers which present more than X hit dice outsider when you think about them – that's a big one, it's very hard to generate proper reverence or respect for these guys in most games. The historic bases with game world and game rule touches are what make this so fantastic; the nobles of a fallen land joi
Joining a vampiric prefigure, the enormous cost in horseflesh to maintain griffon cavalry, the barbarian army building a brewery because without beer, what is war? The feedback loop wherein dramatic and interesting story progressions create a natural progression of mechanics using templates and class stacking. These are more important than any actual rule or mechanic sepulchrave has given us. These are the weight of a world that functions and runs. These create texture.

That texture is more valuable than the rules which, for one man and one group with specific focus and certain traits that likely will never compile again, created that texture. =)

Why? For convenience! I don't want to run Sep's campaign (although I sure wish I'd been playing it). It would just be neat to be able to read through the Story Hour thread and have the rules posts he made neatly arranged with the corresponding spot in the story. For example, Eadric has dealings with Soneillon in the story and she mentions something cool like the ecstasy of negation. Are there stats for that? I can't remember. If someone collated the SH and the stats, I could look at the most contemporaneous stats for Soneillon and see if there's a write up. Newsletter. I'd subscribe.

grodog

Hero
Why? For convenience! I don't want to run Sep's campaign (although I sure wish I'd been playing it). It would just be neat to be able to read through the Story Hour thread and have the rules posts he made neatly arranged with the corresponding spot in the story. For example, Eadric has dealings with Soneillon in the story and she mentions something cool like the ecstasy of negation. Are there stats for that? I can't remember. If someone collated the SH and the stats, I could look at the most contemporaneous stats for Soneillon and see if there's a write up. Newsletter. I'd subscribe.

The Word files I used to compile in the Yahoo Group were arranged chronologically with the SH episodes interleaved with the updates from the Rogues Gallery thread. They're probably not quite exactly what you're talking about, Soramain, but may be as close as what you're going to get without building it yourself: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Sepulchraves-Wyre/files

Allan.

Gwarok

Explorer
I hope Sep isn't dead or something. Sep, if you're out there, can you drop a line to at least let us know whats up? Some closure would be nice if you've wrapped things up :)

And if you have indeed retired the saga, thank you so much for all the work putting it here for our enjoyment!

Erevanden

Explorer
Bump, I say, bump !!

We should do something about Sep's sudden disappearance. :heh:

It's as if Goodkind or Martin, hell, Rowling even, just stopped writing somewhere mid saga. Only Sep's a better writer than the lot of them IMHO...:hmm:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
And I'm quoted in it! (Near the bottom)

I have to disagree with Eadric being a chaste hero, though. Except early on - but after he started dating Soneillon... :blush:
You are so right.

And I agree with [MENTION=19940]Erevanden[/MENTION] about Sep's absence from the web site. Do we know if he is doing all right? While it would be great to get an update, I'm more concerned about him at this point.

Remove ads