Pharamne's Urn (updated 4/25/12) - Page 6

+ Log in or register to post
Page 6 of 145 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast
    Sep, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by grodog
    Perhaps the Adversary, who was green IIRC, is now Nwm?
    I think the old Ornithon orthodoxy preached that, but it wasn't true. Remember Nwm cast some mojo in one of the fanes and the paladins detected no taint. Also the Adversary (like Ornithon) is an outsider. Nwm hates those guys.
    "I asked Dave to please send me his rules additions, for I thought a whole new system should be developed. A few weeks after his visit I received 18 or so handwritten pages of rules and notes pertaining to his campaign, and I immediately began work on a brand new manuscript. "Greyhawk" campaign started the first D&D campaign! About three weeks later, I had some 100 typewritten pages, and we began serious play-testing in Lake Geneva, while copies were sent to the Twin Cities and to several other groups for comment. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS had been born."
    EGG, Dragon #7

Novice (Lvl 1)

I Defended The Walls!

Ignore Gez
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggusGeekus
    I think the old Ornithon orthodoxy preached that, but it wasn't true. Remember Nwm cast some mojo in one of the fanes and the paladins detected no taint. Also the Adversary (like Ornithon) is an outsider. Nwm hates those guys.
    Ornithon's Adversary is probably Mostin.

Ignore The Forsaken One
    The good old diplomatic and verbal interactions that I love so much from Sep But Sep wouldnt be Sep without adding something to knock you silly with like Stroking down that Magnate like it was nothing haha.

AWSOME!
    Some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to the last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
    [sigvirus]uhoh[/sigvirus]

They say every writer gets a cheap thrill out of unwarranted praise.

Give me some unwarranted praise. For Sep I give the real stuff!

Excellent work!

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore Cheiromancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gez
    Ornithon's Adversary is probably Mostin.
    Ornithon's that eagle deity, right?

Hrmmmmm, from the WotC website in their Excerpt of Champions of Ruin:

Chapter 7, Champions of Evil: Learn more about the elder evil of Faern. Aumvor the Undying, Dendar the Night Serpent, Soneillon the Queen of Whispers, Eltab, and others are detailed in all their gore, glory, and greatness.
    Has someone at WotC been reading this storyhour? Don't actually have the book myself, but I wonder how close the statup is to Sep's.
    From 'The Third IR':
    Creamsteak - What do you think of Sollir?
    Darkness - My guess is that he's an opportunistic munchkin If that's good or bad is an entirely different question, of course...

From 'A Game of Opposites':
    Janos - The above challenge is open to everyone except Sollir, because I know he could kill a 20th level Wizard with a 1st level commoner ... somehow.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Seravin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollir Furryfoot
    Hrmmmmm, from the WotC website in their Excerpt of Champions of Ruin:

Has someone at WotC been reading this storyhour? Don't actually have the book myself, but I wonder how close the statup is to Sep's.
    Not very closely. In another thread where this question came up, someone posted that Sep took the name Sonellion from real world texts.

The WoTC writeup is fairly different. IDHMYBWM but I believe their writeup portrays her as an advanced succubus with levels in fiend of possession and fiend of corruption (from the Fiends Folio). I like the WoTC writeup but she's not the cthonic creature Sep posted in his Rogue's Gallery thread.
    The best laid plans of mice and men are often acts of desperation. -bac

There are terrible things in the Night Below. See what happens when those things come up for a visit. There have been five deaths now - who will be next?

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore Sejs
    Quote Originally Posted by grodog
    Perhaps the Adversary, who was green IIRC, is now Nwm?
    Heh, well the Adversary was described as having olive skin, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about the kind you see in martinis.

Oh, and question - did Ortwine's bit with the dagger set off alarm bells for anyone else?
    *roll* No, you don't find any traps, and in fact that big red lever over there appears to be made out of candy!

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Avarice
    Quote Originally Posted by Seravin
    Not very closely. In another thread where this question came up, someone posted that Sep took the name Sonellion from real world texts.

The WoTC writeup is fairly different. IDHMYBWM but I believe their writeup portrays her as an advanced succubus with levels in fiend of possession and fiend of corruption (from the Fiends Folio). I like the WoTC writeup but she's not the cthonic creature Sep posted in his Rogue's Gallery thread.
    I could be wrong, but I seem to recall Sep having said that the 'real world' Soneillon was neither a female, nor associated with seduction. If someone at WotC isn't reading this Story Hour, then its an awfully interesting coincidence.

Penguin Herder COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Ignore Nifft
    Quote Originally Posted by Seravin
    [Sonellion] ... IDHMYBWM but I believe their writeup portrays her as an advanced succubus with levels in fiend of possession and fiend of corruption
    I Don't Have My Year Book With Me?!?

-- N, scared of the Real Old School

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 6 of 145 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast