Metal Star Wars Miniatures

The_Universe

First Post
Other than the small set of minis that Wizards of the Coast produced before rolling out the molded plastic (prepainted) line of Star Wars miniatures, are there any good metal miniatures that could serve me well for a Star Wars game? Any other sets of sci fi characters that look like they belong (or could belong) in star wars? How about ships?

What have you used/would you use?

Please, share!

kenobi65

First Post
Grenadier, then West End Games, made metal minis for the old West End version of the Star Wars RPG. Obviously, they've been out of production for quite a while now, but you can still find them on eBay, etc. They made a fair number of PC-like minis, as well as a lot of soldier-types for both the Rebels and Empire.

I've used some Shadowrun minis (originally from Ral Partha; I think Iron Wind Metals is making them again) with some success, though many of them are fairly fantasy-esque.

Foundry has some modern / future lines that may be appropriate.

Some of the Iron Kingdoms / Full-Metal Fantasy minis might be appropriate, as well...I'm currently painting their Valeria Alvero mini for my wife's Soldier.

Metal ships are going to be difficult, if you want stuff that looks Star Wars-y. There is / was a sci-fi space combat game (originally came out in the late 70s/early 80s) called Starfleet Wars; the Federation fleet ships looked an awful lot like Imperial Star Destroyers. For ships in my game, I use a collection of plastic Micro Machines that I accumulated back in the '90s.

Last edited:

Remove ads