So what do/did you study in college? Did you bother with college?

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
I started another related thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=130779 about being done with school, and it got me wondering, "What do/did my fellow EN Worlders study?" I'm curious to see what D&Der's did with their brains when they weren't D&Ding.

I just started the pedagogy track of the English grad program here at my U. I have an B.A. in Secondary Ed. English/History. It took me forever, because I wanted to major in everything (including, but not limited to, Political Science, French, and Philosophy).

I'm guessing we'll see quite a few people with degrees in teaching, business, and computers. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of people with history degrees, either, given our personal proclivities. :D

ElvishBard

First Post
I am starting college this fall, and majoring in psychology. I guess we'll have to wait until later on to find out if I stick with it, new students are known for changing majors like mad.

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
ElvishBard said:
I am starting college this fall, and majoring in psychology. I guess we'll have to wait until later on to find out if I stick with it, new students are known for changing majors like mad.

Ah...psych, my first major. Sadly, it was a mere fall semester romance at a community college before my intellectual promiscuity kicked in. Still, she was my first... :p

Rystil Arden

First Post
I'm majouring in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT. After toying with some possible double-majours (especially Math, which is pathetically easy to pull off with CS), I'm probably just going to pull out with a Masters in Engineering after 4 years and a minor or two thanks to all my Literature, History, and Theatre courses.

Got my BA in Anthropology, but not before going through Television Production and Theater majors on the way.

I avoided math and computer classes like the plague, and now I work in computer support. :uhoh: Still get to feel like i'm in school 10 years after graduating, as I now work at UVA in the library. Still take classes on occasion too, just for fun.

Mercule

Adventurer
I started out in Chemical Engineering, but decided I didn't enjoy that.

Ultimately, I got a BA in Political Science with a minor in Philosophy.

I was one class away from a minor in History, too, but they didn't tell me until I was cashing out that I was that close.

Of course, with all that, I program computers for a living.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases