Eberron: The Chaos Effect Complete once more Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

lonesoldier

First Post
megamania said:
Kerrick Estas LN Breland
Skills need to be done. I need a background fleshed out. Being 5th level ninja at the age of 17

I'm sorry. I just do not see the problem with my skills. I will have the background done for tomorrow, but I cannot see the issue with my skills (I have enough points, did I think a Cross-class was a class one? Or something?)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
lonesoldier said:
I'm sorry. I just do not see the problem with my skills. I will have the background done for tomorrow, but I cannot see the issue with my skills (I have enough points, did I think a Cross-class was a class one? Or something?)
Mega probably typed that before you posted your last post.

lonesoldier

First Post
Oh. Allright then. The times of posting are pretty close. I guess we are all online. GO TO SLEEP! I'm actually lying on my bed, writing my background into a notebook.

Jdvn1

And Mega's post probably took much longer to compile and type.

Yeah, I should go to sleep... hm.

Samnell

Explorer
Finally a DM who wants to know about my background! :)

megamania said:
"His purpose was to kill, and he wished only to continue." Curious quote and one that demands exploring :D

I can always elaborate. ;)

Does he hold grudges?

He hasn't had much chance to. It didn't matter to him who the enemy was, just that he was pointed at a group of people and told to off them. As long as, you know, it's officially sanctioned and all.

LN but wants to kill.

He's not a total psycho. He doesn't kill because he takes pleasure in killing hated foes or something. Rather when he's got a target to eliminate, he has the sense of everything going according to plan. It helps that he had the whole comradeship/military thing going. Just follow orders, do your best, and everything will be ok. He does have a real problem with couching it in polite terms, but that's what a Cha 6 is for. :) One of the best parts of the war was that he could do what he was built for, often and properly.

I'm just curious. You mention killing 100's of Cyrian soldiers. Personal feelings there if you deal with cyrian survivors/soldiers?

There's some residual feeling about Cyre, but he classes it as militarily destroyed and thus not all that important anymore. A Cyrian, at least unarmed or unaggressive, is nothing worthy of, or permissable to kill. The hundreds of Cyrian soldiers figure assumes a lot of area attacks and a load of first level warriors, extended over several years. If anything, he's more likely to dismiss Cyrians now.

His most powerful emotion isn't hate or anger. He's capable of very cold rationality. What he got out of life was the feeling of being part of some huge, anonymous mass greater than the sum of its parts. He was a living cog in this incredible machine that people poured their lives into; giving up themselves entirely. A soldier, to him, is not a person. A soldier ceases being a person and becomes a sort of object. It lives in one of two sharply-defined categories "us" and "them". Us is the important one. Clang wants to be a part of "us". Specifically, he wants to be the part of "us" that kills with its mind. It's what he's for. He conceptualizes himself as a weapon.

Who is the scholar in Morgrave?

I figure some sort of artificer interested in warforged curiosities, not directly affiliated with House Cannith. It was a legitimate, above-board contract. Probably at least a little bit eccentric to be gaga about warforged considering the post-War attitudes. I'm not terribly good with names, but the guy probably has a reputation for his little obsession.

Any connection to Rashleigh maybe?

I hadn't planned any, but I am open to it.

Bront

The man with the probe
megamania said:
I am going to take a moment to comment on characters and backgrounds now-

Vander d'Deneith LG Noble from ?
My early copy has no background. What has made him decide to become an adventurer? When did his dragonmark appear. Is he happy about it? Is it publically displayed or hidden from view? You have a horse listed. Where is it when within Sharn? Abroad?
Most of this was covered in the background (which I sblocked to save space, since it was over a page).

I didn't include places in the background intentionaly so he could start and end up where it is most convienent for you. Feel free to say "This works if you are from X and you fled to Sharn where you could get lost easily in a papertrail" or whatever is most convenient for you to twist work with. ;)

He's taking cover from his older brothers, and he works for the defenders guild. It's not that simple, but I don't think I need to reitterate everything in the background. However, he's not happy that he needs to hide for his brothers, his father was assasinated, and he can not take what he feels is his rightful place at the head of his family's estate and lead the House like his father wanted.

He thinks of the dragonmark as part of his nobility and heritage. As a house noble of the d'Deneith family, he is there to serve and protect those of his house, and those he's employed for. However, he feels that the honor and the integrety of the house is important, and is willing to stand for his beliefs (Hense his continuted sort of limbo state of hiding from brothers with a low profile/working for the house and becoming an accomplished member).

The mark itself is likely on his back, and given that he tends to wear armor a lot (He has a spare suit of chain for sleeping in when traveling). There might be a whisp of it on a shoulder, or perhaps by his neck, but it's generaly not visable if he's dressed.

The horse is probably kept in a house stable (He probably stays within the house baracks or some other house housing, using contacts and such.) If he can, he will tend to try to bring the horse with (Assuming it's going to be needed) when he can while he works.

Generaly, Vander is a tactician in and out of combat. Options in combat provide him with freedom, so mobility and flexibility are valued. The warhorse is part of that as well. There's a reason he carries several different weapons, and has the feats he does (While still wearing full plate).

I still haven't gotten an answer about using the Favor in House feat for the mithril plate and/or magebreed horse (Check the previous posts for the request, no problem if it's a no, I just want an answer or to at least know you're thinking about it.).

Bront

The man with the probe
Jdvn1 said:
I think a post is easier. If you prefer an email, that's fine, though.
I like your background. It's short, but sweet and to the point. You might want to specify the house you worked with, (I would guess perhaps a smith for Ghallanda, though not sure either halfling house would have many weaponsmiths). Perhaps it wasn't a halfling house (especialy since they generaly were considerend neutral, so not likely to be attacked outright), but you worked for one of the other houses that would be likely to be directly involved in the war, like Deneith (Gives you a possable link to my character) or even one of the elven houses. Or, perhaps you supplied weapons to the guards that protected the healers (And then worked for Jorasco).

Perhaps he's made his way to Sharn to research and get a closer look at the Valenar elves (They are the ones that use Scimitars) as well as to make some coin with his weapons. Also, are you racist against all elves? Or are you focused against the Valenar elves?

Just spouting ideas. Hope they help.

lonesoldier said:

Sorry. I printed out the PC sheets before any corrections were made. They are clear now. I'll need to recopy the characters. Looks good.

and a full history. Thankyou. I'll reprint everyones characters tonight. With luck I'll begin posting.

To everyone- if anything I suggested was not there but is, it means either I missed it or it is based from a printout I did just after announcing the set six players.

Jdvn1

Bront said:
I like your background. It's short, but sweet and to the point. You might want to specify the house you worked with, (I would guess perhaps a smith for Ghallanda, though not sure either halfling house would have many weaponsmiths). Perhaps it wasn't a halfling house (especialy since they generaly were considerend neutral, so not likely to be attacked outright), but you worked for one of the other houses that would be likely to be directly involved in the war, like Deneith (Gives you a possable link to my character) or even one of the elven houses. Or, perhaps you supplied weapons to the guards that protected the healers (And then worked for Jorasco).

Perhaps he's made his way to Sharn to research and get a closer look at the Valenar elves (They are the ones that use Scimitars) as well as to make some coin with his weapons. Also, are you racist against all elves? Or are you focused against the Valenar elves?

Just spouting ideas. Hope they help.
Ghallanda wasn't involved in the war? My parents worked for a house, so I assumed I'd be helping a halfling house, but that's not necessarily true, I suppose. I actually fought in the war while studying Elven weapons, and only became a smith after the war or towards the end of the war. Is it unlikely that I could've helped more than one house, at different times? While I may have worked for them or helped them, I don't feel a particularly loyalty to any of them.

I was bitter towards Valenar elves specifically, but I'll never know the ones that killed my parents so now I'm more inclined to just not like them. I could do business with them, sell them weapons and such, but I don't like them. Also, I consider my scimitars to be better than the ones made by the Elves. I could've gone to Sharn to get a closer look at the Valenar elves, or maybe even to see if any one of them can match my skill with the Valenar Double-Scimitar.

Remove ads