Racial Paragon Classes/Racial Levels

Roman

First Post
Just wondering... has anybody either created racial paragon classes/racial levels for creatures beyond those listed in Unearthed Arcana or extended these racial paragon classes/racial levels beyond a maximum of three levels as listed in Unearthed Arcana?

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
I've done a set of racial paragons for undead races, expect them (as well as racial bloodlines for the same races) to appear in a PDF on RPGnow in the next few days.

the Jester

Legend
I've made two racial paragon classes for races imc. One of them is the tabaxi paragon:

TABAXI PARAGON

A tabaxi paragon is connected to their feline nature far more than most tabaxi are. It always seems poised, every move is made adroitly, it even falls with aplomb.

Hit Die: d8.
Class Skills: Balance (dex), Climb (str), Escape Artist (dex), Hide (dex), Intimidate (cha), Jump (str), Listen (wis), Move Silently (dex), Spot (wis), Survival (wis), Tumble (dex). Skill points per level: 4 + int bonus.

Base Attack: Good (as fighter)
Good Saves: Ref.
Poor Saves: Fort and Will.

Level---Special Abilities
1---Improved Natural Armor
2---Adroitness
3---Evasion

CLASS FEATURES
Weapon and Armor Proficiency:
Tabaxi paragons gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Improved Natural Armor: A tabaxi paragon gets Improved Natural Armor as a bonus feat.

Adroitness (Ex): Whenever the tabaxi paragon makes a Climb, Jump or Swim check, she may choose to use her dex bonus rather than her str bonus for her skill check. Whenever she makes a dex-based skill check, including Climb, Jump or Swim checks that she has chosen to use dex for, she gains a competence bonus equal to her tabaxi paragon level to the check.

Evasion (Ex): If the tabaxi paragon makes a Reflex save for half damage, she instead takes no damage.

(I use the tabaxi stat block from the Tome of Horrors imc.)

The other one I've done is for a homebrewed race called the merellin, a sort of dolphin-were (both the race and the racial paragon class are here.

Although those are the only racial paragon classes I've added, I was inspired by rp classes to make cultural paragon classes as well; these are one-level classes that typically add a favored class and/or a couple of skills that are always treated as class skills.

jshelky

First Post
I have done two for races in my campaign and plan on doing them for all the PC races before running again. I am also tweaking the ones from UA to better fit my world and to make them for each specific sub race (aka Grey elves and High Elves have different paragon levels in my world) I have also done three additional paragon levels for each race that can only be taken at epic levels. Overall the design proccess is easy, it's all the typing that's killing me.

As a whole paragon levels have been popular in all the campaigns I'm in and each individual GM has been more than willing to write one up if it didn't already exist.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases