Dungeon crawls for 3.5

jrients

First Post
I'm starting a new campaign soon that will focus on time-honored activities such as going into holes in the ground, killing orcs, and stealing their gold. Goodman Games produces the kind of modules that I like. I plan on using their products, but I'd like some other sources if they are out there. Can anyone recommend other companies with modules similar to the Dungeon Crawl Classics? Do the Necromancer Games adventures compare well?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I recommend Necromancer's Lost City of Barakus without hesitation.

Perfect for a starting campaign, you will definitely get your money's worth out of it.

I would like to add the Sunless Citadel by WOTC to the list.
Lost City of Barakus is fanatastic in that it gives you a TON of material to pull from including a really good starting location.

-Brund

Muaythaidaddy

First Post
I'd like to recommend Necromancer Games' "Rappan Athuk: The Dungeon of Graves". It's 3.0, but converts very easily. I've been playing in the same RA campaign for more than two years and it has been a total blast. There will also be a Rappan Athuk Revised 3.5 book out by the end of the year, with 13 new levels/sub-levels. It's a great campaign!

MetalBard

First Post
diaglo said:
also... Dungeon Magazine.

they have a whole new series starting in an adventure path.

I'll second Dungeon magazine. Next month's issue kicks off the whole 12-part adventure path with the first adventure and a backdrop setting with map. It's Greyhawk (but they're going to give advice on relocating in the Realms or Eberron in a later issue) and it looks fun.

The other adventures in Dungeon magazine aren't too shabby either.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Most of Necromancer's stuff really isn't dungeon crawl-ish. Despite their motto, their stuff is really more 2nd edition in feel than 1st. (Good, though, and with some exceptions, like R-A and Tomb of Abysthor).

jrients

First Post
Thanks for all the replies. I've been looking over the Necromancer Games stuff and the review posted here. Are Tomb of Abysthor or Rappan-Athuk amenable to multiple dungeon forays, possibly with side adventures in between trips into the dungeon?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases