The Chaos Effect updated 10/11/05 Exit the Dungeon + New Players intro


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 45 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 447
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    megamania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ARLINGTON VERMONT
    Posts
    14,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore megamania
    My communities:

    The Chaos Effect updated 10/11/05 Exit the Dungeon + New Players intro

    Site saved for Chaos Effect to begin by 5/15/05

    EXPERIENCE POINTS

    Vander
    Spike
    Clang
    Tamin
    Kerrick
    Rashliegh
    Ghost
    Randrak Huk'ar
    Last edited by megamania; Wednesday, 12th October, 2005 at 01:39 PM.

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    megamania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ARLINGTON VERMONT
    Posts
    14,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore megamania
    My communities:

    LONESOLDIER aka Kerrick Estas

    Kerrick is within his meditation room when a young initiate politely stops and waits for you. A minute later you stop mediatating. "Yes?"

    "Master Tertas wishes to speak with you."

    You agree and arrive at his private room. On his desk is a small scroll and the case that was within it. The case is blue and gold with red inscriptions on it. A purple five sided coin is next to it.

    "I have been given a puzzle to solve young Ryst. And you are a piece of this puzzle."

    Curious you enter the room and kneel before the desk politely.

    "I have recieved a packet from House Orien this morning. It requests the aid of a student from our temple. In return, we will be given the Ten Coins of Wu Jen. To prove their point and sincerety, the individual presented this one coin as proof." He motions to the lone purple coin.

    You recognize the coins as being a minor artifact. Though not created for your clan, its history has crossed the clan several times before. You know the master wants them.

    "I ask you to go. I could send any student to fulfill this contract but I sense there is secrets here yet unraveled. You are my best student and thus the most able. Do as is asked of you but also learn more about the intentions of the client."

    He waits to build drama.

    "Go to the Central Plateau. Go to the home of Jaskin ir'DeMell. He is the son of the mayor of the city. Be careful and cautious. You enter the den of snakes. Report as you can. If you need aid you have but to ask."

    You have a few hours before the meeting time, what would you like to do if anything?

  • #3
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    megamania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ARLINGTON VERMONT
    Posts
    14,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore megamania
    My communities:

    SLEPPYSTYLE aka Rashleigh d'Orloff

    A human child wearing the tunic of House Orien comes to you. "Are you Rashleigh d'Orloff?"
    The child looks at his ring designed to detect lies for a limited time as you answer yes. The child smiles and hands you a small scroll caped in Blue and gold with red inscriptions. Curious you open it. A platinum piece falls out along with a piece of parchment. You eye the coin then begin to read the message.

    Professor Ingrans has been polite enough to recommend you for a problem I am experienceing. I am close to locating a certain item of legend but require a cleric to support an explorative team. Please come by my home in the Central Plateau at noon today.
    I am certain Professor Ingrans will allow this to be your graduation project to complete your intern time at the University.

    Jaskin d'DeMell

    You recognize the name. He is the son of the Mayor of the city. He has a lot of clout and can 1. help your house 2. See to it you get your diploma 3. Be paid well in the process

    You have several hours before the meeting. What would you like to do?
    Last edited by megamania; Thursday, 12th May, 2005 at 02:56 PM.

  • #4
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    megamania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ARLINGTON VERMONT
    Posts
    14,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore megamania
    My communities:

    BRONT aka Vander d'Deneith

    Vander is completeing some paperwork when there is a bit of ruckus outside his door. Without knocking, Brom, an older brother, barges in. "You have a message- take care of it!"
    He steps aside. He is obviously angered by the determination of the small human child before him. The child steps into the room. He is obviously intimitated by Brom but determined to complete his duty. You admire that considering his age.

    "Are you Vander d'Deneith?"

    As you answer yes the child inspects his ring. You have heard rumors of these lie detection rings that are keyed to specific questions. The child hands you a small scroll case. It is finely crafted with masterwork caps made with bright blue and gold complimented with red inscriptions.

    You hand the child a copper. He smiles and turns and leaves quickly. Brom scowls at the retreating child then looks to you. He is waiting impatiently for you to open the door.

    "Could you close the door as you leave?"

    "bah!" and he closes the door.

    You look it over then note the sound of something inside. You carefully open it and spill out the contents onto your desk. A ring falls out along with a note. The ring is a simple cheap metal ring with an obsideon glass rough nugget fixed on it. You guess the street value to be measured with coppers (appr 19). Then you turn your attention to the note.

    I would like to talk to you about the possible hireing of yourself for the protection of a group of experts. They will be traveling and require someone with diplomatic abilities and skills. I chose yorself for your skills and special abilities. I also chose you because of the ring.
    The wearer of this ring was once a criminal that worked for a known criminal organzation. He was recently captured and interrogated by my staff. He has information concerning the death of your father. I would like to talk to you about this and not your brothers.
    If you agree, I am sure I can arrange further aid to resolving the mystery of your father's murder.

    Meet me at noon at my home in the Central Plateau. I am sure you can find it.

    Jaskin ir'DeMell

    He possibly knows something about the murder of your father. What does he know? There is only one way to know.

    And the contact is the Mayor's son!

    You have a few hours before the meeting. What would you like to do?

  • #5
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    megamania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ARLINGTON VERMONT
    Posts
    14,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore megamania
    My communities:

    MADMAXIM aka Spike

    A warforged warrior stands on a bridge over looking the area known as High Walls in Sharn. He watches the Cryans mingle and gather in uncertainity. The war is over and they have lost their country yet still gather to show support and pride. Why have the warforged not done something like this?

    When the war ended he and his fellow forged returned to the countries that they honored. In general, these same countries either caste them out or ignored them. He found himself with no purpose or meaning. He did not even have a country to remember and share pride with as these homeless have. He wandered and found himself in Sharn. He was hoping to find purpose. He was informed that he was forged in Sharn but House Cannith refuses to allow him to visit the labs.

    Lost in the deep thoughts, the warforged nearly misses the approach of a large white owl. It flaps and hovers before dropping a scroll case to you. You fumble and bobble the case but do not drop it. The animal has left before you can ask anything of it.

    The is finely made with a blue and gold caps. Red inscriptions are edtched into the caps. The writing are vaguely familiar to you but you can not decifer them. You open the case scratching it with your metal finger tips. Within it is a piece of paper and a roughly scribbled map. Stuck to it with red wax is a key with a blue crystal embedded in the narrow handle.

    The paper reads-

    I would like to employ you and your services for a journey my team of experts will be making this year. They will be traveling within the country of Breland then travel south to Xen'drik. I would offer you money but I understand you rarely care for it. I have sources that say you have asked to travel to the hidden Cannith Creation Foundry under Sharn. You have been either ignored or told no by the House. I have ways to bypass the house. This is a map and a key. I know where the lock is for the key and where this door is located. The secret passage leads to the Creation Foundry that birthed you. If you agree to this mission, please meet me at my home in Central Plateau. I am sure you can locate it.

    Jaskin ir' DeMell

    A mission. A purpose. A means to reach closure.

    What would you like to do. The meeting is several hours away. You are uncertain where this person lives but recognize the area. It is the home of the biggest politicians of the city and their offices. DeMell sounds familiar.

  • #6
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    megamania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ARLINGTON VERMONT
    Posts
    14,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore megamania
    My communities:

    Samnell aka Clang
    A warforged and a young girl walk through the hallways of the University.
    "Thankyou for showing me the way to the office sir." shes says.
    "Do you know what you deliver to him?" asks the forged.
    "I am not allowed to know."
    "Ah...I see."

    The warforged was in the courtyard meditating when a young girl dressed in House Orien clothes approached him. She was looking for Prefessor Vel Bloomsdale. She had a package for him. Though you offered to deliver it for her she said no. She merely wanted instructions to his office. As his student, you were curious and decided to escort her to his room.
    You enter the Morgrve Universities professor's wing and seek out your mentor. Professor Vel Bloomsdale. You enter his outer office and stare at the mess within. He still has not bothered it. Stacks of papers and tomes line the walls and overhang from the shelves and desks within the room.
    You carefully turn and twist through the narrow maze of papers about psionic artifacts and the ancient peoples that created them.

    You knock and a voice emits from within. "yes what is it?"

    "Messenger."

    "Why didn't you say so Clang. Show him in."

    "Her, sir."

    "Yes yes. Show HER in. Have you finished filing the papers on the Dark Lens?"

    "No sir. I will do that right now." You have no idea where those papers are. And even if you did, the shelves for them are buried.

    The girl goes in and leaves within a minute. Your curiousity grows as you wait for the professor to call for you. He allows does.

    "Clang! Clang when are you coming in?" You are are the door waiting and enter.

    On top of his stacked tombs is an opened scroll case colored blue, gold with red. A paper sits under the case. The professor is using a moncle to look at a gem.

    "The gem ...is true. Amazing."

    He looks like a child on his birthday. "Clang...I have to ask you for a favor. A big favor....."


    Later, you stand outside his office. The professor has been offered access to several psionic gems. He seems to understand what they are but can not explain it clearly. As always, he is lost.

    The professor was asked to help study several psionic items. One was said to be a portal to somewhere unknown. You want to warn him but know it will do no good.

    The professor, ever lost in tangants within his own mind (some say he is quite mad) has asked you to go to Central Plateau to speak with a Jasken Dwell (ir' DeMell) and help him in anyway you can. He suggests bringing your overnight pack.

    You have several hours before the meeting. What do you want to do?

  • #7
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    megamania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ARLINGTON VERMONT
    Posts
    14,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore megamania
    My communities:

    Jdvn1 aka Tamin Saphonbend

    Sharn is NOT Talenta Plains. It is cold, artificial and smells. You have been here a few months and hate it. You are ready to leave anytime but feel obligated to stay.

    Several months ago you were contacted and paid hansomely to travel to Sharn and show several professors in Morgrave University how the double scimitar is made and used. It was a spectacle. Worse- it was like the circus you visited. Only you were the clown that had to entertain the masses.

    They wanted to have the elves come but they all refused. A few elves from Sharn were dressed up to be actors. House Jorasco was called in more than once. The clumsy idiots.

    You duties have ended but the riches given were quickly spent. The city life is expensive!

    You were asked by a small trade company to travel with them. They are goint near Talenta Plains. The pay is little but it was a source of companionship. Then came the human child.
    She asked for your name and gave you a scroll case. You opened it finding a letter and a stamped Mithral medallion. On it is a horse with lots of hair or fire on its hooves. The back has etchings that mean nothing to you.

    The letter reads-

    I saw your show and respect your craft. I am sorry the professors do not. They mean well and have taught many here more about the cultures of the elves and the halflings. Whether it ment to be or happenstance, you were the talk of the show. Your skills impressed me and I took the time to get to know you.
    My contacts learned much about you. They told me about an incident involving your family.
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. However, I am aware of activities that took place within the plains then that may explain the events.
    In either case, I am aware your show has ended and you may be looking for new work or adventure. I am seeking an item and need someone to watch over my team of experts. Would you have interest?

    I can say little on the subject now but if you wish, meet me at my home in the Central Plateau. ask for me by name and the guards can direct you to my home.

    Jaskin ir DeMell

    You have several hours before the meeting. What would you like to do?



    also- if this intro doesn't work let me know

  • #8
    Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Bront's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    22,818
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Bront
    My communities:

    Vander d'Deneith

    Vander spends several minutes examining the ring and the note. The events of the past several years pouring though his mind. He smiles at the thought of his father and Garret, then pockets the ring and tucks the scroll and case away in his pack. "Looks like I should gather my things," he thinks to himself. "Wouldn't want to make a bad impression with the mayor's son."

    Vander cleans up the paperwork he was working on, gathers his things, and heads off to the house smith to see if they have even started his request. His job working with the Finders guild and several miners in locating a large vein of mithril had brought the Defender's guild a good supply of mithril and the connections to get more at quite a bargain. His employers were impressed with his skill as a warrior and negotiator, and had told the Sharn guildmaster to make sure Vander got something special. Vander knew this, though he was sure few knew he did, and he had requested a suit of mithril full plate made. But he knew it was a game of politics, and he feared pulling too many strings might bring too much attention to him. He had made that request almost a year ago, and still nothing. He should know better than to trust Brom with making sure his request was done. This time he'd check himself.

    As Vander walked the halls, he made a mental note of tings he wanted to do before the meeting.
    • Make sure all his gear is gathered, and his horse will be ready to leave when he is needed
    • Use his city connections to find out who else might have been invited to this meeting, and anything about them. (Gather Information)
    • Check on his mithril full plate request personaly
    • Make himself "presentable" to the mayor's son.
    • Try to recall all that he knows about the mayor's son. (Knowledge: Nobility)

  • #9
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Samnell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Alpena, MI
    Posts
    2,640
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Samnell
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by megamania
    The professor, ever lost in tangants within his own mind (some say he is quite mad) has asked you to go to Central Plateau to speak with a Jasken Dwell (ir' DeMell) and help him in anyway you can. He suggests bringing your overnight pack.

    You have several hours before the meeting. What do you want to do?
    Clang gathers his things, collecting everything he owns. He spends an hour rubbing smudges and dings off his body and ensuring his gear is all in good order. Satisfied that he's properly uniformed, he walks to the Central Plateau and waits outside the meeting place until the appointed time. He enters about two minutes early.

    OOC: Clang doesn't have much in the way of affairs to settle.
    The purpose if good rules is to remove the necessity of GM fiat as much as is humanly possible.
    Rules are required for role-play for the same reason as they are required for combat: to replace the skills of the player with those of the character.

    Currently Jerry Rowcroft Tao Lin in New Generation Legacy. Current Issue | OOC Thread | Character Sheet
    Formerly Mark McNamara in Mutants & Masterminds: Generation Legacy Current Issue | OOC Thread

  • #10
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    MadMaxim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    LÝsning
    Posts
    937
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore MadMaxim
    "Hmm... Very interesting." Spike reads the letter once more to make sure he didn't miss anything vital. Then he starts to wonder.
    "How can this man possibly get me into House Cannith's headquarters...? He must wield quite a bit of political power in order to get me in. The name seems familiar somehow..."

    Spike puts the map and the key in his belt pouch and starts making his way toward Central Plateau. Before he leaves he takes one last look at the Cyran refugees. He wonders if they feel they serve any purpose now that they cannot serve their country. Anyway, that's how he feels. He makes sure he has all his equipment and starts walking to Central Plateau.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 45 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Devilís Workshop] Chaos Effect: Godlike released
      By lmpjr007 in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 28th June, 2006, 02:09 AM
    2. [Devilís Workshop] Chaos Effect: Godlike released
      By lmpjr007 in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 28th June, 2006, 02:07 AM
    3. Replies: 614
      Last Post: Tuesday, 6th December, 2005, 01:44 PM
    4. Replies: 10
      Last Post: Monday, 19th September, 2005, 04:00 PM
    5. THE CHAOS EFFECT PCs, NPCs and Critters
      By megamania in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Monday, 12th September, 2005, 06:32 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •