The Chaos Effect updated 10/11/05 Exit the Dungeon + New Players intro

sleepystyle

First Post
Rashleigh notes the ships martial preparation with some satisfaction. Though it is not his area of expertise, he is glad to note that the good Captain is fully prepared for situations where another captain would have to rely on speed alone. As a member of House Orien he has of course seen elementals of various sizes and types bound for transportation any number of times, but to see one this enormous this close is always breathtaking. The priest can't help but wonder what role this powerful elemental played in Fernia before being called to Eberron and bound in servitude. If he spoke Ignaan he would simply ask it, but as it was he could only understand it by calling on the Sovereign Host and even then he couldn't respond intelligibly. Gathering his robes with his bag over one shoulder, the priest makes his way onto the ship leading his impressively long legged new mount and handing off the magebred asks a crewman to point him in the direction of the passenger's quarters. Time to be out of these ceremonial robes and to stow this necessarily heavy pack.

THE CHAOS EFFECT
SEGMENT 015

A line of eight people has begun before you arrive. There are 6 humans (two couples), a gnome, and a dwarf. Vander and Rashleigh are directed to another area of activity.

"The Captain knew of one horse. Where did this beuty come from?" the 1/2 elf asks as he checks out Rashleigh's horse. "Mage bred. Both of them? Fine animals." He motions to the deck and another crew member but in robes walks to the rail. "Belladear- I got two for you!"

The mage is slightly overweight and has a goattee colored reddish brown. He smiles and waves. He withdraws a slender wand with a thin walled glass bubble on the tip. He waves it and mutters softly a command word. One horse begins to glow and neighs in concern. Slowly it lifts into the air and with careful concentration, Belladear magically lifts it to the ship and beyond your views. A few minutes go by and he returns to do it again.

Spike watches this and more as he paces a few times before the ship. It is indeed a Storm Ship. Well built, sturdy and considering its size, fast. It brings back memories of his days within the war commanding warforged units. Spike then spots another group arriving at the station. They stand out to him. A warforged is pushing a wheeled- chair with a child on it. A weeping female walks beside them. Most curious. He goes back to his new unique troop unit.

Clang walks directly to the line and awaits for instruction. His mind races at the possibilities before him. An airship! He wonders how many warforged ever flew in one when not at war. How many humans even. Clang can not help but hear a bit of whisper (Listen 21) from two humans in once fine clothes. Looking at them more, Clang suspects they are Cyranians. More homeless humans- just like himself.

Vander (after finishing with his horse) and Tamin walk up and whisper amonst theirselves. Kerrick joins them and the subject is Vander's family. Kerrick spots (Spot 23) the gnome looking at them. His appearance is different in a manner he can not place. Like so many gnomes, he seems to be calm and selfassured just knowing that others are uncertain what a gnome knows. The gnome then turns and an expression of curiousity crosses his face. You turn and see three new arrivals behiund you. A warforged and two humans. One is a mere child and seems ill.

Rashliegh follows Kerrick's gaze and sees the new arrivals. Before being able to say or do anything, a dwarf shouts out very loud and deep. "ALL ABOARD!"

The first human couple step up. They are asked for their names and final destination aboard the Golden Eagle. The dwarf scribbles the information down. His tongue seems to poke out the corner of his mouth. He is happy and truely enjoys his job. In a loud voice- "Mr. and Mrs. Smith Welcomne aboard!" The male seems annoyed but walks across the walled walkway to the ship where another human in uniform is. "Grange Dealer and Tamara Huespot Welcome to the Golden Eagle!" these two board. Several of you see the the male in the next group frown at this couple.
"Gilad Stormbringer and Naomi Lendys Welcome!" The red haired woman bows politely and move on board. You note the dwarves look of disapproval when he spots two short swords strapped to the man known as Gilad back. They were well hidden under a cloak.

The dwarf turns to you and leans back. A big smile crosses his face- "Ah Jaskin DeMell's guests. Welcome. He asks each of you for your name. He already knows you are going to Two Posts. "Welcome aboard my prestigious guests."

The dwarf turns and faces the next three. A frown falls onto his face. "Who is this? The passenger list speaks of no forged."

"Then add one." adds the gruff but sad human female. "Its name to MT-4U. It is my daughter's servant and medical aid." Before you can catch much more of the conversation the uniformed man greets you.

"I am Captain Dreek and welcome to the Golden Eagle." The Captain makes polite small talk to each of you and motions to an area out of the way of the busy crew.

The Captain sighs after finishing with you and walks down the plank to help the dwarf. After a few moments more, the five of them return.

"Five minutes until lift! Five minutes!" shouts the dwarf. He seems in a duller mood now.

Actions?

Bront

The man with the probe
Vander will meander over where he has been asked, but he will try to keep an eye out for the warforged and humans that were right behind them. He will also continue to look around to see if he notices anyone he recognizes.

MadMaxim

First Post
Spike sits down on the deck and waits for the ship to start sailing. He wonders what the warforged, the woman and the child is doing on board since they weren't on the passenger list.

lonesoldier

First Post
megamania said:
Kerrick spots (Spot 23) the gnome looking at them. His appearance is different in a manner he can not place. Like so many gnomes, he seems to be calm and selfassured just knowing that others are uncertain what a gnome knows. The gnome then turns and an expression of curiousity crosses his face.
"Hmm," Kerrick hums to himself as he observes the gnome looking at them. It would be wise to keep an eye on that one, in fact, it would probably be best to sleep with an eye open, at least his traveling companions seem trustworthy. He hopes that no one notices the copious amounts of weaponry he has hidden under his cloak and in the folds of his clothes.

The dwarf turns to you and leans back. A big smile crosses his face- "Ah Jaskin DeMell's guests. Welcome. He asks each of you for your name. He already knows you are going to Two Posts. "Welcome aboard my prestigious guests."
"I am Captain Dreek and welcome to the Golden Eagle." The Captain makes polite small talk to each of you and motions to an area out of the way of the busy crew.
Kerrick politely replies to both people and continues on.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Tamin nods at everyone in a silent greeting as he boards the ship. Once on, he takes a quick walk around to orient himself with the areas, making a mental note of the capabilities of the ship. Once satisfied, Tamin moves to the front of the ship to examine the handiwork on the ballistas while waiting for departure.

sleepystyle

First Post
After getting a crewman to point out whatever rooms the ship has to offer for passengers, Rashleigh finds his own and stows his pack. Afterwards he changes from his formal clerical robes to his scholar's outfit and heads back up to the main deck.

Cedious

First Post
This is megamania using Cedious as a medium....

I lost my internet for thsi week but hope to have it back this weekend. I will update then. Sorry for the delay. I forgot to pay the bill for several months my bad.

Bront

The man with the probe
Cedious said:
This is megamania using Cedious as a medium....

I lost my internet for thsi week but hope to have it back this weekend. I will update then. Sorry for the delay. I forgot to pay the bill for several months my bad.

Vander looks around, confused about the voice he hears. He turns to Tamin. "What is this 'internet' of which this strange being speaks of?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases