The Chaos Effect updated 10/11/05 Exit the Dungeon + New Players intro

MadMaxim

First Post
Spike nods to everyone and introduces himself. "Greetings, gentlemen. My name is Spike, former commander in the army of Aundair. I'm pleased to meet you all. I believe that I can safely assume that we're all here to see the same man; Mister Jaskin ir'Demell." Then he takes a closer look at the other warforged. He thinks it's rather odd that such slim versions were created, but he figures that he must have served some other purpose just as he was, even though he was still given extensive combat training.

Description: Spike is a tall and sturdily built warforged with symbols carved into his right chest plate signifying his former rank as commander. His skin has a dull gray look to it (due to the adamantine being used in his construction). Even though his face is completely without expression there's an unmistakable aura of authority about him. His plating has a few dents and marks from cuts that he hasn't taken care of, so he looks pretty battle-hardened and experienced. His green eyes shine and seem to register every bit of movement around him and all this information is quickly analyzed to draw suitable conclusions. He seems a lot less "cold" and emotionless than your average warforged.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Samnell said:
"I am Clang and I was sent for and told to bring my things."
"Well met Clang," Vander replies. "It sounds like you know just as much as the rest of us as to why we are here then."

MadMaxim said:
Spike nods to everyone and introduces himself. "Greetings, gentlemen. My name is Spike, former commander in the army of Aundair. I'm pleased to meet you all. I believe that I can safely assume that we're all here to see the same man; Mister Jaskin ir'Demell."
Vander's eyebrows perk up a bit when he hears this. "A commander? I've not met many Warforged commanders from the army. How old are you, if I may ask?"

Vander ponders the makeup of this group that was summoned. Two warriors assosiated with the Defenders guild, two warforged who both look fairly well equiped for combat, a house Orien cleric, and Kerrick, who looks well suited for more subtle work. A group well suited for an expedition, but for what?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Yes, I wonder how they got so much information about each one of us to give us such a compelling reason for us to come." Tamin nods, and ponders for a bit. He turns to look at everyone else, "I suppose I better introduce myself. My name is Tamin. Nice to meet you, Kerrik, Clang, Spike. I'm not sure about the mayor's son... his name is Jaskin ir DeMell? I suppose I am here to see him."

Tamin was told he was to watch over some experts, but this group does not seem the sort to want to be watched. He will likely have to prove himself first -- a warforged commander may not take someone of such short stature seriously. Then again, one accustomed to leading will see talent no matter where it lies.

Samnell

Explorer
Bront said:
Vander's eyebrows perk up a bit when he hears this. "A commander? I've not met many Warforged commanders from the army. How old are you, if I may ask?"

"I have never heard of such a thing," Clang adds. "It was never done in Karrnath."

lonesoldier

First Post
"What I believe he means is, How many years have you been active?" Kerrick rephrases for Clang. He glances around the courtyard again, and they back at the street. "How long do think our host will allow us to chat before greeting us? Or are we early?" Kerrick asks in an attempt to make small talk.

Samnell

Explorer
lonesoldier said:
"What I believe he means is, How many years have you been active?" Kerrick rephrases for Clang.

"I know what he meant. I was responding to the notion of a warforged in command." Clang answers. "Karrnath, as I said, never allowed it.

sleepystyle

First Post
The other noble makes a far less impressive display of humanity than Vander. Dressed in the cream colored robes of the Sovereign Host trimmed with scarlet and detailed with gold stitching, his ivory hafted mace with a jewelled pommel seems to be more of a fashion accessory than martial weapon. Honestly, it looks more like a scepter than a mace.

While it is true that his noble heritage manifests in wealth, style, and bearing the scion of House Orien seems to have been cut from cruder cloth. Though the priest has a fair build, it is soft from a life inexperienced with the rigors of physical training, and nearing thirty he has developed a paunch that seems to indicate he is quite settled into this way of life. His thick dark eyebrows combined with the dark circles under his eyes and a long nose give him a hawkish demeanor which is only enhanced by the critical looks that initially greet the others in attendance.

When Vander addresses him the expression changes to a smile, perhaps an acknowledgement of camaraderie in class...

Vander greets the son to the Orien house. "Good day to you. I believe we may have met, but I fear your name has slipped my memory. I am Vander d'Deneith, in case your memory is as bad as mine."

The cleric nods, "I doubt we have met directly. I would likely remember." His eyes glint and there is almost a hint of a smile. Was that supposed to be humor or just rude? Hard to say... "But it is certain that we move in the same circles if not at the same time, and your name does sound familiar." Extending a soft and well manicured hand, the noble offers his name, "Rashleigh d'Orloff. House Orien of course, of Thranish descent."

Bront

The man with the probe
sleepystyle said:
When Vander addresses him the expression changes to a smile, perhaps an acknowledgement of camaraderie in class...

The cleric nods, "I doubt we have met directly. I would likely remember." His eyes glint and there is almost a hint of a smile. Was that supposed to be humor or just rude? Hard to say... "But it is certain that we move in the same circles if not at the same time, and your name does sound familiar." Extending a soft and well manicured hand, the noble offers his name, "Rashleigh d'Orloff. House Orien of course, of Thranish descent."

"Well met Rashleigh. There are many that travel the same circles that we do, so it is not a supprise to have never met you but recognize you just the same." Vander accepts Rashleigh's hand with a powerfull shake. "I will admit though, I have managed to keep a fairly low profile amongst the elete circles that move though this city and others. Seems that my house prefers me down in the thick of things."

lonesoldier said:
"How long do think our host will allow us to chat before greeting us? Or are we early?"

"I wouldn't be supprised if our host is busy entertaining someone else at the moment, but I'm sure he'll be along as soon as he feels like it."

CHAOS EFFECT
SEGMENT 007

As you begin to introduce yourselves the door opens and two guards step out. Each are wearing armor that glitters in the sunlight provided by being on the highest level of the main grounded city. They hold before them spears that also glitter. No doubt these are all magical and more dangerous than just for the show of power and fortunes of the family.

A young woman, maybe only 18 steps out. She wears a see through blouse with a blue and gold vest covering her breasts. Her pants are airy and move as if on their own. Jewels line her wrists, ankles, fingers and a nose ring made with a purple stone stands out. It takes a few moments to remember there is a rebellious daughter that lives here also. (Highest Know:N was 10).

Her hair is pulled up high with a tall stack of ivory and obsideon rings. "Welcome- I believe you are waiting for my brother. Please in." She looks each and everyone of over as you enter.

Vander and Spike enter first as they were the closest. Kerrick notices she is checking out each member as they enter. She seems to be noting possible abilities, weapons and skills. She is not as ditsy as she tries to show (S Mot 21).

The room is vast and has many soft and bright colored chairs with small tables by them for drinks and books. Small indoor bushes and mini trees are here and eventually everyone sees the mirrors behind you. These mirrors are segmented and some are viewing windows to the courtyard. It appears he has been watching you. He being Jaskin.

Jaskin is sitting to the far back. He is dressed in formal blue and gold cloth suit. As you come closer, he has a few pieces of jewelery on. All expensive and possibly magical.

"So glad you could make it. I was hoping to see all of you come." He seems truely sincere of this.

He looks like an athletic person and certainly healthy. Whatever rumors of a serious injury he sustained a year ago must be either fully healed or exaggerated.

questions?

And a handy map

Attachments

• DeMELL COURTYARD.jpg
    DeMELL COURTYARD.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 138

Remove ads