The Chaos Effect updated 10/11/05 Exit the Dungeon + New Players intro

lonesoldier

First Post
megamania said:
Kerrick notices she is checking out each member as they enter. She seems to be noting possible abilities, weapons and skills. She is not as ditsy as she tries to show (S. Mot 21).

Kerrick nods at Glamour and whispers, "Thank you," to her as he passes by. 'I wonder what her eyes tell her, as her gaze turns to me, does she see a mercenary? Or does my lack of weaponry make her believe I have other skills? Unless she knows, though it would be best if ir'DeMell did not share such information,' Kerrick ponders as he walks by, attempted to seem oblivious to the fact he knows he is being appraised. He trails the rest of the group into the room. "My master sends his greetings, it is good to see you in such good health, Jaskin ir'DeMell," Kerrick recites to Jaskin.

MadMaxim

First Post
Spike takes a little bow and introduces himself. "Greetings, Mister Jaskin ir'DeMell. I'm Spike, but you probably already know that since your messenger was able to locate me. Your offer sounded very generous and I'm very eager to find out what this whole thing is about, if you don't mind me getting straight to the point?" Spike seems to be very excited.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
megamania said:
Jaskin is sitting to the far back. He is dressed in formal blue and gold cloth suit. As you come closer, he has a few pieces of jewelery on. All expensive and possibly magical.

"So glad you could make it. I was hoping to see all of you come." He seems truely sincere of this.
Tamin raises an eyebrow, "Yes, thank you. With the information you offered, though, I didn't have much of a choice. My sentiments are like the others here -- we wish to know the purpose of this assembly."

Bront

The man with the probe
Vander stops and gives a slight bow to the young woman before he enters. "Good day m'lady"

Vander bows again to Jaskin in proper respect. "I thank you for inviting me here," Vander says politely yet forcefully, hoping to get a glimmer of intent from Jaskin. "Your summons were quite curious. You know quite a bit about all of us I'm sure, yet we know little of why we are here, nor of each other for the most part. You gone though great pains to get us up here, and have selected a capable group of people."

Vander pauses a second to let Jaskin ponder what he has said before continuing, "So I shall ask, as others have questioned as well, why has the great Jaskin ir'Demell called us here?"

sleepystyle

First Post
Rashleigh is content to let Vander ask the questions on everyones' minds, but can't help but observe from bits of overheard conversation in the courtyard that Jaskin does seem to hold all of the cards. The observation mirrors do little to convince him that this particular player has any plans on laying all of those cards on the table, but one can only wait and see.

THE CHAOS EFFECT
SEGMENT 008

"Some of you may recall I was once an adventurer myself. I hoped to gain fame at the least but yes, amass more of a fortune through the collecting of antiquities and even magical artifacts. I began small and expanded as my skills allowed. During my last adventure, I discovered this- (he holds out three scrolls). These scrolls are very old. My researchers believe they may be over 10,000 years old even." He holds the scrolls out for you to see but not in such a manner as to offer them for examination. They do look very old however and even aged unto the point of becoming easily damaged by handling.

"I found these within a series of caves that were crafted and worked by ancient hands. The people that made these underground homes were very careful to protect themselves. It is trap ladden and well very secure. In my rush to leave the area intact, I left some important items behind within a bag. They were left within a secret room deep in the dungeon." He pauses to look at each of you in turn.

"If you choise to do this for me, I can provide the maps I created detailing the traps and the their locations. I.... am unnerved to return myself. (Sense Motive- most of you see he is suddenly nervous and honestly spooked by the thought of returning to the cavern dungeons)
I do hope you will agree."

"I have some money to offer but my father truely controls most of the family fortune and sees this as a senseless subject. But through my contacts, I have been known to learn of a thing or two. Such as the oppertunity to buy some minor coins of historical value that has special meaning to some or the possible knowledge of a war that did not end that caused the deaths of innocent people."

"So I am prepared to pay in cash and in knowledge I have that I can share. By doing this will also place me at your dept."

"Do you accept?"

Remove ads