Votes: 2 0.5%
  • I am female and am comfortable with cross gender characters

Votes: 17 4.4%

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbalin

First Post
Okay, I'm trying again...

Inspired by the other thread going on, I was wondering if a persons comfort with cross gender characters is related to their gender...

So, please vote on the one that lists your gender and your comfort level.

edit: tidied it up.

Last edited:

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I am male. Other players, be they male or female, are welcome to play whatever gender character they wish: I'm totally comfortable with it as long as they behave.

ShadeMoon64

First Post
I have had players work with cross gender characters for years. It has been my experience that more males play females than the reverse. This may just bea function of the demographics of my players.

Vanuslux

Explorer
I'm male and rather indifferent to it for the most part...but it has been my experience that a lot of people who play the opposite gender frequently are often problem players...attention mongers and troublemakers.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Vanuslux said:
I'm male and rather indifferent to it for the most part...but it has been my experience that a lot of people who play the opposite gender frequently are often problem players...attention mongers and troublemakers.

There's my answer as well.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
There's my answer as well.
How sad :(

I wouldn't classify myself as any of those things that Vanuslux and TB have seen. On average, I seem to make *less* trouble when playing a female character...although I have recently made a male character who worked well that I liked. Making a female character helps me to make a new person who is fully thought out and actualised, whereas all-too-often my experience in being a male gets in the way when playing male characters...

somekindofjerk

First Post
Don't care either way really. It's the other player's business and not mine. OTOH, if the crossgender char starts causing a scene in every encounter, strutting about shouting "look how stereotypically X I am!" or is obiviously venting some angst against the other sex through their character, then we've got a problem.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Vanuslux said:

Heh, that hasn't been the problem, in my games they have just generally not been very good in cross gender roles. (Either way, for some reason both male and female players seem to be caricatures more than characters in cross gender roles...with only one or two exceptions)

The Auld Grump

MonsterMash

First Post
I'm not quite sure I understand the difference between indifferent and comfortable, so I voted indifferent.

Got to admit I find cross gender can be prone to sterotypical behaviour, but then again I'm comfortable playing characters as archetypes - which can be seen as sterotypical, e.g. the Gruff Dwarf fighter, the effete aristocrat, the agressive dumb barbarian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases