Boise, ID

ungood

First Post
Greetings, I just moved to the Boise, ID area and I'm looking to joing a group. I mostly play dnd, but I'm pretty much up to anything that's not live. Drop me an email if you know anyone gaming here please. I'm a m-f, 8-5'er working stiff, but I'm availble (so far) any evening.

~Jason

EyeDK

Explorer
Bump

Hello,

I reside in the Boise area and I'm looking for a D&D game. I have a Monday though Friday gig but I wouldn't mind gaming in the evening if anyone runs a game during the weekdays. Is there much of an RPG scene in the Boise area?

Hello...

Is anyone out there?

Ian

genshou

First Post
Hi ungood and EyeDK! Just found your thread over here. I hadn't looked in this forum for a long time.

I don't go out to Boise much except to go to school, so I'm no aware of where any of the gaming stores are. I know there are a few gaming groups scattered around, but the ones I've managed to discover are somewhat xenophobic. Bad luck, I s'pose.

If you're willing to try just about anything that isn't LARPing, what RPG books do you own? Everything I have is for d20 System, but I've been playing non-d20 off and on over the years.

Last edited:

genshou

First Post
Magic Dragon Games was recently renovated. I picked up one of their d6s when I stopped in to take a look, but I haven't been back yet. Problem is, they're in the opposite direction of where I'm gaming right now (Caldwell). If I got more Boise gamers involved, I'd be happy to host the game myself or run it at that store.

Tamlyn

Explorer
Ok, I've been watching genshou's postings on here for a while but I always expected my old group to be able to play a little more than they currently can. I live in Star, but am familiar with Boise (used to live there) and work in Nampa so I'm available to play pretty much anywhere in the valley.

If you guys are interested let me know. I'm an 8-5'er but I'm only available a couple nights of the week and that's not consistent from week to week. I definitely do not expect anyone to change their game or times if I'm interested.

As far as gaming stores, there's a sports memorabilia place in downtown Nampa that has some D&D stuff and, IIRC, has a room with plenty of tables for games. Sorry, don't have the name handy but can look it up if anyone is interested.

~Tam

genshou

First Post
Tamlyn, you should subscribe to the thread I have in this forum for my game. We regularly post the times I'll be running the game.

dustytomes

First Post
tournament

The Magic Dragon is having a D&D tournament on 7-29-06
you need to register by 7-26-06 and it costs $8
there will be prizes for best player, best DM, and best costume.
The Magic Dragon is in the colister shoping center on state st. and colister.
so sombody better show up so I can kick some Dice! :]
Dusty

dustytomes

First Post
game

I'm 9-5 m-f'er too. I live in Meridian. I'd like to pull up to a table and throw some dice...
man its hard to do with wife/kids/job (aka: life) :p
Dusty

isgaard

Villager
Can you guys recommend any stores in Boise? I will go there for a couple of weeks next month, and would like to visit some RPG stores in the area.

Thank you.

Remove ads