Dungeon Crawl Classics #20: Shadows in Freeport

goodmangames

First Post
Goodman Games to Publish d20 Adventure Set in Green Ronin Publishing’s Legendary City of Freeport

May 11, 2005 – Goodman Games is pleased to announce that it has reached an agreement with Green Ronin Publishing to produce Dungeon Crawl Classics #20: Shadows in Freeport. Scheduled for August release, this 64-page adventure module takes old-school dungeon crawling to the legendary port city of Freeport.

First appearing in 2000, Freeport is d20 role playing’s most famous city. Its seedy underside and daring escapades have been chronicled by Green Ronin Publishing for five years. As the first setting to be released as 100% open gaming content, Freeport has made an appearance in numerous third-party products, tying together settings from multiple publishers and setting a precedent many others have emulated.

Now Freeport makes its first appearance in the Dungeon Crawl Classics line of adventure modules, famous for the motto "No NPCs not meant to be killed!" The most popular line of d20 adventure modules on the market, the Dungeon Crawl Classics series captures the spirit of old-school dungeon crawling through thought-provoking adventures set in classic dungeon environments.

Dungeon Crawl Classics #20: Shadows in Freeport blends the best of both worlds, sending the heroes to rescue innocent children from one of Freeport’s mysterious haunted manors. Written by Green Ronin’s d20 line developer Rob Schwalb, Shadows in Freeport is completely stand-alone, but easily integrated into any Freeport campaign.

"I’ve always loved Freeport, and it’s a great honor to publish an adventure that ties back to the very beginning of the d20 movement. I’m especially honored that Shadows was written by Green Ronin’s d20 line developer Rob Schwalb himself. It’s a fun adventure that highlights the best aspects of Freeport," said Joseph Goodman, President of Goodman Games.

"When Joseph approached us to bring Freeport to the Dungeon Crawl Classics, I knew it would be a great match-up. As a big fan of both, I just had to write it. Shadows is a great new chapter in the world of Freeport," said Rob Schwalb, d20 line developer for Green Ronin Publishing.

Dungeon Crawl Classics #20: Shadows in Freeport will be available in August from quality game retailers everywhere.

Goodman Games is best known for its Dungeon Crawl Classics line of d20 adventure modules, with the famous motto "No NPCs not meant to be killed!" Founded in 2001, the company also publishes Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor, DragonMech, and the Complete Guide line of d20 monster sourcebooks, as well as a variety of card games and other RPG supplements. Find out more about Goodman Games at www.goodmangames.com.

Green Ronin Publishing is a roleplaying game company from Seattle, WA. It blazed the d20 trail with its hit Death in Freeport adventure, which went on to win Origins and ENnie awards. Since then Green Ronin has established a reputation for quality, publishing such critical favorites as Skull & Bones, Book of the Righteous, and the Mutants & Masterminds RPG. Point your browser to http://www.greenronin.com/ for more info.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This module makes me all tingly in my naughty places. More Freeport support, please! (Although "Bloody Jack's Gold" is pretty close to a Freeport module already.)

Now give us a DCC based around Redhurst. ;)

trancejeremy

Adventurer
How serious is this going to be? Is it going to be Lovecraftian like the first modules, or campy like the later ones? (Or both, like most movies based on HPL?)

Last edited:

rjs

First Post
This adventure is all serious. For as long as I've been a gamer, I've always loved Mythos with D&D, and Freeport is THE outlet for me.

I think you'll find the adventure to your tastes :)

Remove ads