Eberron: The Machine of War(FULL)

LogicsFate

First Post
Elise "Radiant" Ellran

Young, Energetic, Idyllic. Little has happen in Elise's life to dampen her out look on life.

She was born to a pair of loving, hard working, farmers. A resident of Cree, she grew quickly and quietly. As the years progressed her talent reveled themselves, and her ingenuity became a great boon to the farm. Allowing for a few seasons of extra profits, enough was saved to let her follow her dream of becoming wizard, weaving spells to protect her friends and family.

Leaving with a tearful good bye, Elise left for Arcanix. With some food and water, a cross bow for protection and a sizable amount of gold, she made the journey to Aundair and finally to the wizard town of Arcanix. From there it was relatively simple to get accepted owning to her large natural talent.

Completing basic training in an impressive two years, Elise has left the school. She is now traveling to improve her knowledge and power, and define her own style of spell casting complete with her own unique spells

.(after she gets some money for research that is)

Candide

First Post
My picks are:
1. Bront - Valenar Elf Cleric
2. Troy - Warforged Fighter
3. Gez - Halfling Ranger
4. GoddessFallenAngel - Elven Rogue
5. Seeten - Human Sorcereress
6. RobotRobotI - Shifter Fighter

Thank you everyone for submissions. I'll put this list at the beginning of the thread and stop recruiting.

As for those 6. When statting out your characters, take maximum gold for your class. As far as dice rolling goes. I need to be able to trust you, and for you to trust me. Roll your own dice. Save about 5 gold or so. Identification papers, and any other legal related stuff. Have fun. After everyone posts characters/touches them up, we'll start.

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool. You going to start a rogue's gallery thread?

Candide said:
Save about 5 gold or so. Identification papers, and any other legal related stuff.
*grumbles and goes to tweek items* Bah, keep forgetting Identification Papers. Just under 4 gold enough?

Last edited:

Candide

First Post
Yes I am. However, once everyone has finalized their characters, then I'll tell you to put it in the Rogue's Gallery thread.

lol. The identification papers with picture I think are 3 or 4 not sure, so if you want the other kind, then yes saving just under 4 is okay.

I've been thinking about the Valenar Elven Clerics and wondering why shouldn't they have their own domains, etc. The Aeranel have the undying court, the Valenar have their ways of worshipping ancestors. I'm thinking the Domains for the Valeas Tairn would be War, Protection, Community(maybe), and maybe one more(destruction?). The favored weapon would be the Double-Scimitar. I don't think any of that is too unbalancing is it?

EDIT: Or do they have their own stuff already?

Also, Everyone: How much experience do you have with Eberron? Have you all played any of the pre-made adventures? Also, how capable are you of not metagaming? That question relates to the previous two questions obviously. I didn't know if it would be best to use a pre-made adventure or two to start out, or (if people have gone through them) just start with original stuff.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Candide said:
Yes I am. However, once everyone has finalized their characters, then I'll tell you to put it in the Rogue's Gallery thread.

lol. The identification papers with picture I think are 3 or 4 not sure, so if you want the other kind, then yes saving just under 4 is okay.

I've been thinking about the Valenar Elven Clerics and wondering why shouldn't they have their own domains, etc. The Aeranel have the undying court, the Valenar have their ways of worshipping ancestors. I'm thinking the Domains for the Valeas Tairn would be War, Protection, Community(maybe), and maybe one more(destruction?). The favored weapon would be the Double-Scimitar. I don't think any of that is too unbalancing is it?

Also, Everyone: How much experience do you have with Eberron? Have you all played any of the pre-made adventures? Also, how capable are you of not metagaming? That question relates to the previous two questions obviously. I didn't know if it would be best to use a pre-made adventure or two to start out, or (if people have gone through them) just start with original stuff.

I weasled in the non-picture ID paper (An ID paper with pic is 5, I wanted more than 1 gold left).

I went a different direction. The Valenar elves worship the spirits of great warriors going back to before the Aeranel court (Perhaps before they even left Aeranel). I took one such spirit, and created her. Valahandra believes that she could be the next coming of The Lady of the Silver Blades, as do several of the Keepers of the Past, and her parents (Who aptly named her, though she doesn't know them). Unlike the others who try to emulate the warriors with fighter and bard levels, she's done it almost religiously, and has thus gained clerical spells and abilities (I Detailed the Lady of the Silver Blades in my background on my character sheet). I used similar domains to Dol Dorn (Swapped out one for protection). However, your way works as well. Alternitively, the Valanar sect of Dol Dorn may have the favored weapon of the Double Scimitar (due to it's cultural significance).

I liked the spirit worship and attempt to recapture, and though that this might be a slightly different approach to it, and give you the opertunity to play with the spirit or not as much as you wanted. Plus, it adds backstory to anyone who knows religion and/or history, for she is nearly physicaly the spitting image of the Lady of the Silver Blades (probably just equipment differences).

Currently, she has the War and Good domains, could easily swap out good for something else.

Domains for the Valeas Tairn: War, Protection, Passion, (they are passionate about things), and either Comunity or Strength (Strength in Arms is a big thing in Valenar). Given the pantheon warship, you might open it up more to whatever their "patrion" spirit represents (much like worshiping a pantheon).

Experience, I've never read any of the adventures (other than a bit of the one in the campaign book, as well as outlines of the others), but I've read the campaign setting well of late, and think I have a fairly good feeling for the setting. I'm open to however you want to start, and am generaly good at not meta-gaming an adventure even if I know sort of what's going to happen.

Glad to have made the final cut! I'll stat up Knya in the next day or two.

Experience:

I've played in one Eberron game, when the setting first came out. It was set during the Last War, and the campaign didn't last very long. I played a non-dragonmarked human rogue. It was an original campaign, no pre-made adventures. It only lasted about 4 game sessions, so I really don't have much experience with Eberron. Consider me a newbe. :)

I've never even seen any of the Eberron adventures, and I am fully capable of not metagaming should you use a non-Eberron module I've been through. I DM and play, so I'm used to separating player knowledge from character knowledge.

Question on dice rolling:

We're using 32 point buy from the DMG for stats, right? So the dice rolling would refer to all other dice rolled in the game? Attack rolls, etc? (I know, silly question, but I wanted to clarify).

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
I would think you handling the dice rolls would be best in most cases (You can roll skills we either automaticly use, you think we might use, or that we asked to use, work out combat on your end after we tell you actions, ect). HP might just be easier to either trust us, or give us a flat scale for HP depending on the HD, but it's easy enough for us to ask (Roll a D8, I'm going up in cleric, etc).

I hope my expounding on the Valenar clerics/mythos was usefull. Tell me what direction you want to go, and I'll tweek Valahandra.

Remove ads