Tired of d20 yet?

Nope. Well, not d20 anyway. I'm tired of D&D. But your question isn't very specific; you say d20 in the subject line and d20 D&D in the body of the message.

I like d20. I like having a system that is familiar, covered by tons of source material, and can be easily adapted into any genre I can imagine.

I'm not very fond of D&D, because of sub-genre conventions; i.e., D&Disms, not because I dislike the system per se.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I'm playing Black Company this weekend, as a break from our Star Wars d20 and D&D games, so I'm going to say no. :) The last non-d20 game I played was Feng Shui back at Christmastime.

I'll also predict ahead of time that the results of this survey will be about a 75% "no" result, and possibly as high as 90%. ;)

kenobi65

First Post
Not at all. Still playing in multiple home D&D games, SW games, Living Greyhawk, etc.

The last non-d20 game I played in was a session of TORG (blast from the past) last fall, that went so smashingly poorly that we won't be trying it again.

I feel, for the most part, my players are familiar enough with the d20 ruleset now that we rarely get into game-mechanics questions anymore...so, the rules rarely get in our way now.

What I *am* seeing us do more of is variants...a D&D variant based on Pern, a SW variant based on Firefly, etc. But, that has little to do with the mechanics, and more to do with changing up the settings.

Neo

Explorer
Driddle said:
Tired of d20 D&D system yet? Finding yourself wandering more and more often to other games?

not one bit, still playing D20 games every single week, with various playtesting sessions and so forth were spoilt for choice.. far too much enjoyment all round to get bored.

In all honesty the system is not related to whether or not we get bored... if and when it happens its typically either with RP in general or with a particular genre of game as opposed to the system, which has never ever been a problem.

Quasqueton

First Post
Well, I haven't played any d20. But I've been playing D&D [current edition] since it's release, and I'm perfectly happy with it.

Quasqueton

Aeric

Explorer
I've been playing D&D almost exclusively since 3.0 came out, so yes, I am a little tired of it. I still like it, I could just use a little variety in my gaming diet.

Zoatebix

Working on it
My situation is very much like Dyal's - I think there's a lot to be said and done for and in D20 and OGL games. I'm definately tired of some 'D&Disms,' old and new.

I have been picking up other interesting games to see if I'd like to give them a spin every once in a while or if there are any portable ideas that I could bring to an OGL game. Right now I'm checking out Savage Worlds pretty hard core, and soon I'll be looking at Riddle of Steel, HARP, Feng Shui and a few tri-stat books like Ex Machina.

Crothian

First Post
Driddle said:
Tired of d20 D&D system yet? Finding yourself wandering more and more often to other games?

Let me see I am currently playing/running

d20 Stargate
d20 Arcana Evolved
d20 Forgotten Realms
Paranoia

For me its never been tired of d20, there has al3ways been good other games outhere that I am interested in and play. These days though I'm finding myself having miore chances to read these other systems.

AIM-54

First Post
Surprisingly no. I think some of this derives from the ultimate collapse of a D&D campaign that had sort of been on life support for the previous 6+ months. Now we're looking at taking a break and doing some other things and I find my rabid anti-d20-ness has drained away. But we're looking at a pretty cool sounding d20 Modern campaign at some point in the future.

Now this might also be because I have something of a green light to run some Shadowrun (my fav) in the interim, but I think it has more to do with frustrations with my particular situation than with the system itself. Now that those have cleared up, I find I'm excited about d20 games again and might even return to working on my homebrew to run something in the future.

Also, I'm almost done with grad school, so there's a certain joie de vivre that might prevent me from feeling negatively about much of anything at this point. :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases