Zday in Sunnybright

RobotRobotI

First Post
Rogue's Gallery for Zday in Sunnybright
OOC Thread for ZDay in Sunnybright

They'd never expected what they were getting into...

Chip was reaching the end of the road of his juvenile life, and decided to indulge himself one last time before entering the real world. A four week road trip helped him to get his wiles out - and just in time, it would seem... he rode along with his friends John and Ricky north along I-39, homebound to Sunnybright...

Constantine sung and played strings for My Autumn Sadness, an indy band that had recently struck gold and gotten signed. On the way to their next gig, their van broke down; needing a bit of time to think, he took off on his bike to some of the more rugged terrain near the city, south and off of the road. He should hope that time to think was enough; he's got bigger problems to deal with now.

Alyx had begun his life away from home, going to college and starting his own band. Eventually events lead him to return to his home town, driven by his good friend Ryan, who had a car of his own. Heading north along I-39, they've got a lot to look forward to. Unfortunately, they won't find what they expected.

Caitlin was on the run from the law and more unruly forces. She keeps on her feet, quick on her toes, and her stop off in Sunnybright was supposed to be nothing more than a bite to eat and a place to sleep before she hit the road again. Living a downhill sort of life, what she found seemed right on par.

Max was the town's sheriff. He kept the peace, and the people were happy with him ; he was looked up to, a worthy role model for the small town. He was out of town for a bit - even sheriffs need a break once in awhile - and had just returned from his hunting trip far to the south. His trip was coming to a close as he drove north on I-39, returning home with the spoils of his trip. It's come to pass that he picked the worst possible time to leave the town alone.

Alex was headed home to visit family during a short break from schooling in the University of Coloma, just fifty odd miles south of Sunnybright. New knowledge and learned skills from his life away from home might be more than just a means of income for this college kid - it might just be what he needs to survive.

Engines hum as a short series of cars, holding tight to the right of the road, make their way towards the small town of Sunnybright. It's not often that this much traffic comes through I-39 at once, and it's a strong coincidence that at this specific time so many people would be coming through at once; but in the end, that's all it is.

A tall wooden sign, painted white with yellow and gold lettering reads "Welcome to SUNNYBRIGHT, Population 4,279", and as each individual looks out the window, they can notice someone standing just beneath it, limp on his feet. Slowly, he begins to shamble across the twenty yards to the road. As he finally reaches it, the cars are long gone by...

I-39 continues a short distance north as the small group of automobiles continues on, enclosed tight by woods on either side of the road.

The lead car was a small, cleanly white sedan, pilotted by drunkard type who went by the name John. His friends Ricky and Chip sat in the car with him, shouting, laughing, having a good time. It was a good run, but their fun came to an abrupt stop. John turned his head away from his friends and to the road, and emitted a loud shout. "Holy crap!"

There's a loud thud, one that carries through the clean summer air. A body, coated with a noticable layer of dried blood, slams onto the hood and into the windshield of John's car. The car breaks hard - the body lunges back, hitting the cement like a bag of sand. As John and Ricky step out of the car, they notice the body begins to climb back to it's feet. It sounds a bit like the man is trying to speak...

"Guhhh..."

[[OOC: Those of you with cars - besides Chip, of course - are following close behind when the accident occurs. Constantine is a short distance behind on his bike, and Caitlin is bringing up the rear on hers. ]]

Last edited:

Mithran

First Post
Max is driving along humming a tune feeling pretty good when the accident occurs. Man, that's a fine way for my first day back to start he thinks to himself. Max breaks hard to avoid hitting the car in front of him, jumps out of his car and runs around back to the trunk to retrieve his first aid kit and knife.

Candide

First Post
Constantine rides along think things over. Nothing too deep, since he needs to pay attention to the road. He notices some cars have stopped, and he brakes rolling up to those that have already gotten out. Before he arrives, he yells out HEY! What's the hold up?

Then he sees the person stand up on his feet and groan. What in the world?Constantine thinks.

Captain Tagon

First Post
Almost home. Gah, I miss this place. And hate it all at once. Oh well, it will be good to be back no matter what most of these small towners think of...

"Holy mother, watch out!" he screams at Ryan. Ryan reacts quickly, braking the car hard but having to swerve hard as well to avoid the cars in front of him. The car ends up sideways, with Alyx's passenger side door closest to the scene of the accident. He sees the hit man get back up.

"What the..."

Nephtys

First Post
Caitlin looks at the traffic-jam in the distance, cursing silently to herself. "Oh :):):):)", just what I need. Goddamned hicks clogging up the road, like they never seen an accident before. Someone's bound to call the cops and I cant drive around it without drawing too much attention.
At least the guy is still alive, seeing him get back up. So maybe we can get moving again?
She brakes the bike. Stands up to gawk like the other damn rednecks, but doesn't really see much from where she's standing. Not like she cared. I don't have time for this.

LogicsFate

First Post
Chip jumps out of the car O crap, Are you alright man? He turns and catches the unusually large amount of cars in his peripheral and curses loudly. Twisting all the way around he sees Officer Schular and curses even louder. This can't be happening. This can't be happening. No, I. He just, and. Chip stutters in his defense and points to the man, the car and John. Mind Racing but getting no where.

Last edited:

TroyXavier

First Post
Alex sighed as he wonders why traffic is going so slow. There was almost never this much traffic. He was ready to be home after this long school period, and now he's stuck in a traffic jam. He decides to turn on the radio to see what is happening and if there's a report on what's going on.

Mithran

First Post
Once Max has the items in hand he run's up to the front of the row of cars. Max takes a look in at John, Chip and Ricky accepts Chips wordy explanation :)p) and turns to the man that the car hit.

RobotRobotI

First Post
In Alex's car, the radio kicks in and he flips through the stations. Most of them are broadcast from Coloma - Sunnybright only has two local radio stations.

"Hate it or love it, the und..."

"Straight up, little soldier, what're you cr..."

"A million dollars, I'd build a tree for..."

"Oh, christ, dear god, somebody HELP, they're every..."

"Krzkzzzzzzz..."

"It's like... welcome to my life..."

----

The man stands about ten feet off from the white car, and stares straight ahead of himself - straight at the nearest person, Sheriff Schuler. He begins to step forward, slowly; first one step, and after a short pause, another. The moan never ceases, his tone doesn't change.

"Guhhh..."

LogicsFate

First Post
Watching schular pass and seeing that he's not in cuffs already, Chip breathes a sigh of relief. Mind Clearing O man, we need to get that guy to the clinic. Turning back to the man and looking him up and down.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases