24 hour comics, 24 hour RPGs... how about a 24 hour module?

Immak Antunel

First Post
Sounds good to me... assuming an appropriately low level, or an appropriately short module. I could stat a few highlevel NPCs, even casters, within that time, or oodles of lower-level mooks, but not oodles of high-level guys. Hmmm, would the challenge include art? maps? I vote yes, but I can be over-ambitious sometimes.

Krug

Newshound
Um I don't know if this should be a GenCon Event. I don't think folks would go there to stay up all night and make a module. Maybe make it an online event here on EN World for those that can't be there?

I think we should include maps, though artwork is optional, so that everything required to play the module is complete.

Janx

Hero
That's a fair idea, and certainly would be of practical use. Figure a 24-hour RPG is likely to be ill tested, so it's not much more useful than a one-shot game.

But a module, well that's one-shot as well, but the scope is much more limited, making it reasonable to construct something useful.

I think this is an event to do at home. I've got my PC, the SRD, and various software to help with the process.

Are there any publishing standards to be adhered to? Must be well formatted, art requirements, map requirements, page count?

Janx

Nareau

Explorer
Should it be limited to one person? Or a team? Can we use ideas we've already run, or should everything be starting from scratch?

Spider

Krug

Newshound
Perhaps we should say it's 24 pages?

Publishing standards - Nah. I think make it as easy as possible for anyone to do. So those not familiar with DTP or other software won't be fumbling around. Someone could write it up and scan it in if they wanted!

Perhaps we should set a day? Maybe someone needs to commit to judging/rating the modules.

Janx

Hero
24 pages? That seems a lot (though I suspect there are some who could easily surpass that).

I don't know how big the 24 hour rpgs or comics are, but something comparable. I saw philreed's horror rpg he did, and it wasn't that big.

Of course stat blocks and such can chew up the pages pretty quick...

Interesting concept.

JimAde

First Post
Yes, I think a minimum length is a good idea, but it should be based on word count or even number of encounters. But for one day, it shouldn't be too long. What's a reasonable word count output?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases