Dungeoneers Survival guide 3.5?

CZHorse

First Post
Doomed Battalions said:
Hi-

Is there any plans to revise the DSG to 3.5 standards? Are there any equivelents on the interent or for sale?

Scott

Scott, there is a D20 equivelent on the market, but I can not think of the name of it. I have not had a chance to look over it, but I did see in in passing a few weeks ago. If I stubble across the Name of it again, I'll post it.

CZHorse

the Jester

Legend
I would half-expect this eventually, given that WotC has put out a 3e version of every 1e hardback except the DSG and WSG. Now, the WSG is arguably handled by Frostburn, Sandstorm, and the rest (forthcoming) in that line, but the DSG doesn't yet have an update that isn't tied to a campaign setting.

Klaus

First Post
I could see a 3.5 version of the DSG being included in the Environment series (Frostburn, Sandstorm, Stormwrack...). Since each of those books treat their specific environments as a "generic" place (The Waste, Frostfell...), I could see a book centered on the one environment that started this trend, the Underdark (ranging from sculpted dungeons to natural cavern systems).

JoeGKushner

First Post
CZHorse said:
Scott, there is a D20 equivelent on the market, but I can not think of the name of it. I have not had a chance to look over it, but I did see in in passing a few weeks ago. If I stubble across the Name of it again, I'll post it.

CZHorse

Wilds by AEG?

Wildscape by Fantasy Flight Games?

Wildwood (upcoming) by Bastion Press

Glades of Death by Necromancer?

Wilderness and Wastelands for Scarred Lands by SSS?

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
JoeGKushner said:
Wilds by AEG?

Wildscape by Fantasy Flight Games?

Wildwood (upcoming) by Bastion Press

Glades of Death by Necromancer?

Wilderness and Wastelands for Scarred Lands by SSS?

Dungeoneer, not Wilderness, Joe. :)

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Also, Underdark by WotC - although a realms product, it does have some good content for non-realms campaigns (ie: I use it).

Dungeon is an old one, I haven't read the other two, although I've heard good things about Underdark Adventures.

Crothian

First Post
HellHound said:
Also, Underdark by WotC - although a realms product, it does have some good content for non-realms campaigns (ie: I use it).

Dungeon is an old one, I haven't read the other two, although I've heard good things about Underdark Adventures.

I don't own Underdark so I didn't want to list it not knowing exactly what is in it.

Underdark Adventures has some cool ideas, but it might just be Mike Mearls weakest book I've seen. To me it was very hit and miss, unlike most of his books.

Dungeoncraft, also by Mearls, I found strong from cover to cover. Lots of good advice for DMs and players.

Dungeon, which Mearls also had a hand in writing, I think holds up well dispite it being a very early d20 product. The rules stuff is not so great, but I really like some of the ideas in the book. It is creative.

So, I'm saying if Wizards comes out with a 3.5 version of WSG they need to get Mike Mearls to write it!! :lol:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
From what I remember (not much), the "usefull stuff" is already there: skills (replacing the proficincies in that book) and info on dungeon features now found in the DMG.

I guess it had more on natural caverns and dungeon ecosystems (I think), and a Ravenloft inspired section on 3D mapping...not sure how many DMs could really put that to use. Oh, and more detailed mining rules! again, not obviously useful.

As an aside, DSG and WSG where some of the worst selling 1st edition hardbacks, and where some of the few I have seen deeply discounted.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases