OOC: Tales From The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern!

Lazlow

First Post
Recruiting is now closed, but if you're interested in being an alternate, let me know.

IC thread here.

Update 5 (9/6/05):

The Team Right Now:

DrZombie - Gruammsh Skullcleaver: Half-Orc Paladin of some sort.
Gray Shade - "Sheriff" Berserker Bill: Human, um, Sheriff.
LogicsFate - K: Human Weilder Of Magics Arcane and Necromantic (W.O.M.A.N. - see what I did there), and master of Richard, her cohort.
Ranger Rick - Desert Sump: Human Weaponless Ar$e-kicker.
Wystan - Ranti Akande: Elven Fighter, queasy of stomach, long of wind, loud of dress.

==========================================

Well, there aren't a lot of new games open to join, so I figure I'll start one. :cool:

I'm looking to run a 3.5 game with about 4-6 players, probably starting around level 3 or 4. Nothing special, just good ol' fashioned D&D. Have a few home-grown adventures I'd like to try, actually, so if the first goes well, it might slowly morph into the next, and we'll see how it goes from there. As far as books, I'll be using what I have, which are the core books, Complete Warrior and Complete Divine, and Unearthed Arcana.

A little more info:

35 point buy
Character level 4
All core races permitted
All core classes permitted
UA variant races/classes by permission
No alignment restriction :eek:
Max gold (2700 gp for 3rd lvl characters)
Max hp first level, 3/4 hp afterwards
Will be using 'action points' from UA
Might be using 'reputation' from UA
Would like a physical description and short, not-too-detailed background of your character

The game will take place in the basic Greyhawk(ish) setting, probably with slight mods here and there as fits my DMing whim. PC's will not initially know each other. Adventures will generally take place in and around the town of Lizard Spit; specifically, the PC's will be loosely based out of The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern. Indeed, the name of the campaign is, amazingly enough, "Tales from The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern."

Yeah, as you can tell, you'll need to bring your sense of humor along with you. I would say that it'll be a feel-good, lighthearted romp through all the foibles and quirks that beset today's up-and-coming adventurers - that is, I would if I were inclined to say crap like that, which I'm not.

Any questions, ask away. Feel free to post your character ideas here - HOWEVER!! In an effort to emphasize the fact that none of the PC's know each other, please put your character ideas in a spoiler block for my eyes only, and don't look at anyone elses! (I may regret this, but... :\ Besides, it might be fun to watch a party of five gnomish barbarians attempt to retrieve an ancient magical artifact, negotiate peace between two warring countries, try to solve a sphinx's riddle, etc...)

Last edited:

Temujin

First Post
Ooh, ooh! pick me! :)

*thumbs through books*

[sblock]I'm going the fighter route. .... not, see post below. Yay, now I know how to spoiler.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lazlow

First Post
Great! That was a pretty fast response.

REMINDER: Please spoiler your character ideas! (See last paragraph of 1st post)

Ranger Rick

First Post
Oh pick me, pretty please.

[sblock] I would like to go the route of a dwarven or halfling monk I will gen a character later and post it by lunch.

He will be a monk who is not very bright. He will be a human LE and more like someone who takes the literal word. Maybe someone like an evil Forrest Gump. He will be human and a bit of a loner. As for a hook to join the party, Maybe he sees something Shiny and follows it.

Weapons would be his fists, not sure about the ranged weapon, maybe a sling.

Magic items He would have a ring of sustenance and that is about it. Maybe a stick that he thinks is a mighty staff.

str16dex16con12int8wis16cha9

I could give more background and stuff on Monday when I get back.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

I'm also interested! Definite decisions will have to wait until I get my grubby, little hands on my books at home.

Preliminary ideas (with an eye towards the humorous):
[SBLOCK]1. Human cleric of Nerull who absolutely HATES the undead. Don't get me wrong, he rebukes them and all, but they just creep him out, give him the willies. Um, so why is he a cleric of Nerull? Well, it's sort of a family business, and he has a very domineering father. That, and all the good jobs were already taken.

2. Human waitress at the Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern who is secretly hoping to become a Drunken Master. In the meantime, she's just happy to be drunk most of the time.

3. Dwarven barbarian/bard with a 6 Cha. Sadly, he thinks he's really, really good and gets very, very, upset when people don't appreciate his 5 hour epic poems.

4. Local wisewoman/witch: Female human sorceror who likes to butt into everybody's business, and is used to being treated with deference. Also doesn't like men much, but she is very pretty.

5. Halfling swashbuckler (or high Dex fighter build) who has an abysmal Wis, and more curiosity than a truck-load of cats. Constantly in trouble and in need of rescue. Also thinks he's Avoreen's gift to females (of all species) everywhere.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Lazlow

First Post
Branding Opportunity:

I like the way you think. ;)

[sblock]Dang, they're all sooooo good... I have to say, though, that I think 1, 3, and 5 would be the best matches, as I've already got a waitress in the story, and I wrote this with out-of-town PC's in mind. But that's as much as I dare narrow it down for you, man, I'd like to see all three!

Just off the top of my head, if you went the barbarian/bard route, I can see you having a lot of fun writing insanely long posts of epic songs, detailing every minute detail the group's been through so far... :lol: [/sblock]

Lazlow

First Post
Need some character ideas?

Branding Opportunity: With your permission, I'd like to open up your character ideas for other (potential) players who might need a tip on what kind of character would fit really well in this game.

So folks, if B.O. doesn't mind, and you're having a bit o' trouble coming up with character ideas, take a peek at his spoiler block above for some ideas (don't steal his, of course. Hopefully it'll get your creative juices flowing).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases