Eberron: The Machine of War(FULL)

Candide

First Post
Dice rolls will be made by me. Tell me combat actions one round ahead of time. Lets do this.

When: Zor, 20th of Zarantyr 998 YK
Where: The Kelsa Spire and Dalannan Tower, Sharn, Breland

Curtains of water fall from the sky as you travers the labyrinthine walkways of Sharn. This rain is the kind everyone hates. It stings, then seeps through your cloak, which makes for uncomfortable traveling weather. It pools on the wooden and stone paths as they wind around. The paths and towers form a complex latticework high above the ground, that is confusing especially on nights like this. The rain falls hard, running off higher walkways in drenching waves making it difficult to see farther than five feet in front of you. The distant glow of everbright lanterns barely visible in the soaking gloom, does little to light your path on the cold, wet evening.

Knya d’Phiarlan is a member of House Phiarlan, and an up-and-coming entertainer. Years ago she was to wed a member of House Thuranni, however she was forbidden to ever speak to him again due to his expulsion of House Phiarlan. She has not seen him in over two years, and hopes against all odds that he still lives...

Valahandra Da’briel is the spitting image of her ancestor(of the same name), the Lady of The Silver Blades. Like all Valenar elves, she seeks to honor her ancestor in battle and song. However, unlike most Valenar, she has taken this ideal to a religious level. Deeply devout, Valahandra is a priest dedicated to the Valenar way of life. What lies ahead for her, will pale in comparison to the songs of her people...

Tirlen, is a halfling warrior with guts of those twice his size. In the Last War, he fought in raids into Karrnath. He has been trained in using tactics against the undead. With the dust of The Last War settled, he seeks meaning to his life. The day-to-day struggle gave him meaning, but now he seeks a new cause to champion. What lies ahead will test the determination of this little hero, and where his loyalties lie...

Kasha De’garr, a human from the Demon Wastes, possess strange powers granted to her from an unknown source. Rumor has it that at birth she was blessed by celestial blood. She will find out the source of her blood and magical abilities...

Iohr Exicon, a native of Sharn, is a shifter from one of the “pureblood” families. Out to prove his strength to his family, he has taken up adventuring life. Even for someone who puts a lot of stock in bloodlines, he will find out how much they really matter...

Solid Strike, a Warforged, fought in The Last War like many of his kin. He was nearly destroyed at one point in a battle. The fact that he survives fills him with some sense of purpose, however he has not found what that purpose is. Can he escape his destiny? What is it that he must do? Does he even have a say in the matter of fate? All will be revealed in time...

As a group of individuals make there way to the Kelsa Spire...

[Spot Checks]

Valahandra
[sblock] You spot a figure in a dark cloak moving quietly through the rain on the skybridge ahead. It seems to be avoiding the dim pools of light cast by the everbright lanterns, preferring to stay in the shadows. Lightning flashes, and you see a shape on the stone floor of the bridge in the brief illumination. The figure quickly reaches the railing of the skybridge then slips over the barrier and into the cold, dark rain.[/sblock]

OOC: Your business in Sharn is yours, make something up. And most importantly, have fun.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
"Great spirits," Valahandra curses as she runs towards the bridge, the hood of her cloak flying off in the wind. "Someone's fallen from the bridge!" she cries out.

Gez

First Post
Tirlen, hearing the distress shout, stirs his fastieth mount in motion, heading to the source of the cry.

Kyna trudges through the rain, head down and hood pulled high, on her way back to the Demese of Shadows - House Phiarlan's outpost in Sharn. Brooding on her own thoughts, she looks up suddenly as she hears a cry. Seeing that the cloaked shape that had cried out was running toward the bridge, Kyna hesitates momentarily, then sprints forward as well. Hopefully he has a featherfall token....

RobotRobotI

First Post
Iohr wasn't busy now - he'd has no errands at all for the day. It was nice and relaxing, but hell, it just had to rain on his day off, right? And what's this, then? Someone falling over the bridge? It was worth a look - maybe there's something more sinister at work.

Iohr threw his head in the direction of the shout, eyes wide, trying to search out the man source through the rain. ...

[ooc: How far down is the fall from the bridge? Are we all on the bridge?]

Candide

First Post
OOC: Before everyone moves they start around around 80 feet away from the bridge.

Valahandra quickly darts towards the skybridge, the rest of you hot on her heels. The skybridge ahead spans the distance between platforms attached to the sides of two different towers-Dalannan Tower and the Kelsa Spire. A body lies on the floor of the bridge, and you can see a mixture of rain and blood pooling around it. A leather satchel, still clutched tightly in the body's hand, lies in the expanding puddle of water and gore.

Gez

First Post
Tirlen rides his saurian mount nearby and jumps to examine the body. Does the victim still breath, or is s/he obviously already dead?

Bront

The man with the probe
Noticing the others also coming at her cries, Valahandra says to them "Check for the one who jumped"

She then checks the victem for signs of life. If he is alive, she will use a cure light on him (Using her Bless slot).

Candide

First Post
OOC: The bridge spans most of the distance between the towers. As far as feet, the distance between is the towers is around 120. You are located right now in the middle-upper levels.

Valahandra and Tirlen move to the body, as you rush towards him he convulses coughs, and falls limp. Val kneals down and attempts to look for any sign of life, and you are certain that he is dead.

Kyna; You stare out into the rainy darkness of Sharn. You see no sign of any "jumper".

Just then, a dark figure comes up from the other side the bridge! It lands with a hard BAM! on the skybridge. It's a warforged, with shiny metallic plating. Displayed on it's brow is the mark of Karrnath. The Warforged barks out in an enraged metallic voice "WEAK FLESHLINGS! YOU WILL BE DESTROYED FOR MEDDLING IN THE PLANS OF THE LORD OF BLADES! RRRAAAGGGHHHH!!!!

OOC: The initiative order will be: Kyna, Tirlen, Valahandra, Solid Strike(whenever Troy joins us), Iohr, Kasha(again when they join), and this new enemy. Tell me combat actions a round ahead of time. Valahandra, Tirlen, are 10 feet away. Kyna is 15 feet away. Iohr, Solid Strike and Kasha are a move action away. I don't have a working scanner, so I can't post a map like I would want. I'll need to do things fast and lose for now, so bare with me on this. Combat will slow things down some, allowing Seeten and Troy to catch up in posting. It looks like I'll be updating things more often than I thought. Okay, guys lets do this!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases