Will anyone else be glad when Star Wars is finally over?

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Goblyn said:
I know this is possibly a dangerous place to ask this, but I must. Personally I've never been that fond of it. I do recognize it as an acceptably entertaining tale, but c'mon.

I'm not going to read the rest of this thread yet for fear of spoilers, but I have to say that I have never understood this line of thinking - in regards to anything.

The idea that "something shouldn't exist because I don't like it" is just silly. If you don't like Star Wars any more, and yet it continues, how does that harm you? I don't like soap operas, yet I don't begrudge their very existence.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I want to see another series of science fiction films that have as compelling a setting, plus good stories, strong writing, a special emphasis on the acting, and seamless effects. So all of the good of SW without the bad. Is that so much to ask? :) I just doubt we'll see it any time soon...

Frilf

Explorer
Here's the short version as I see it:

1) Episodes IV-VI are better than Episodes I-III on many levels.
2) Lucas seems to have lost interest in the original story and wants to move on - hence, lots of new stuff/villains in the prequels.
3) Is Star Wars over? No. Should it be? Probably, before Lucas makes it an absolute mockery to even us die-hard fanboys :D

My $0.02, anyway.

Wayside

Explorer
EricNoah said:
I want to see another series of science fiction films that have as compelling a setting, plus good stories, strong writing, a special emphasis on the acting, and seamless effects. So all of the good of SW without the bad. Is that so much to ask? :) I just doubt we'll see it any time soon...
The thing is, someone could very well come along and make what, for you, would be the Perfect Science Fiction Film. But half the rest of the sci-fi viewing public would think your PSFF was a clunker.

Psion

Adventurer
I may decide I am at some point, but not yet.

After Voyager, I was ready for them to put Star Trek to rest. Not there with star wars yet, I'm afraid.

Remove ads