[FULL] Star Wars D20 Revised Episode III - Episode IV

Ambrus

Explorer
Frankly I'm not even sure of what MSN is. As far as playing in real time, as Galethorn said, it would depend heavily on day and time.

Sorry, I meant MSN. It's a free downloadable chat program, it stands for 'Microsoft Network'. There are plenty of other chat programs: Yahoo! Messenger, ICQ, IRC, AIM, ect. As far as time and day goes, I'm flexible. I'm sure we could work something out if people are interested. Its just an idea. :)

Last edited:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
As cool as it would be to do real-time, some of us, myself included may not be able to get together when everyone is ready, especially once I start teaching in the evenings after my break. Still the idea is a good one. If we could come up with a time Everyone is available...

Ambrus.. As far as the droid goes, they never went into much detail about the interface link. From what I gather from reading about astromech droids who usually have them as standard, they are simply a tool that is put onto a tool appendage for the droid. There was no weight/ cost given so I extrapolated from other sources. I would say the weight is less than 0.5kg. Good idea about the blaster though, something about a black spherical droid ramming into people makes it too easy for bowling jokes....

Galethorn.. I don't want to give too much away at the start, but yes, you will be in the midst of the fighting. If you go with your second one, I was going to suggest that you are a part of this planet's militia that had been fighting originally to keep the Separatists off, then forced to fight with them against the Republic....

I decided against making another thread because this one seems fine. When you guys are ready to post characters though, I'll start the Rogue's thread.

My character is nearly finished. I still need to work on his gear and background but the rest is pretty much done. I decided to go with a Cerean Jedi Consular since Melkor is going to do a Jedi Guardian.

Here's what I have:

Ka-Femi-Odo (translation of Father Protector of the Heavens)
Cerean Jedi Consular 3

Str: 12, Dex: 12, Con: 12, Int: 14, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

(The attributes include +2 Int, +2 Wis and -2 Dex for being a Cerean. The original attributes before applying the modifiers should add up to 28.)

Base Attack: +2
Melee Base Attack: +3
Ranged Base Attack: +3
Initiative: +3 (+1 Dex, +2 Cerean racial bonus)
Defense: 15 (17 when wielding lightsaber from Lightsaber Defense feat)

Wound Points: 12
Vitality Points: 21

Weapon:
Lightsaber (+3 to hit, 2d8+1 damage, 19-20 critical)

Regular Skills (only listing the ones that I bought ranks in):
Diplomacy 3 (+1 Cha, 2 ranks)
Hide 2 (+1 Dex, 1 rank)
Knowledge: Jedi Lore 4 (+2 Int, 2 rank)
Listen 4 (+3 Wis, 1 rank)
Sense Motive 4 (+3 Wis, 1 ranks)
Spot 4 (+3 Wis, 1 rank)

Force Skills (only listing the ones that I bought ranks in):
Affect Mind 7 (+1 Cha, 4 ranks, +2 Mind Trick feat)
Battlemind 4 (+1 Con, 3 ranks)
Empathy 8 (+3 Wis, 3 ranks, +2 Compassion feat)
Enhance Ability 5 (+1 Con, 4 ranks)
Force Defense 4 (+1 Cha, 3 ranks)
Force Stealth 3 (+1 Cha, 2 ranks)
Force Strike 6 (+2 Int, 4 ranks)
Friendship 5 (+1 Cha, 4 ranks)
Heal Another 8 (+3 Wis, 3 ranks, +2 Compassion feat)
Heal Self 5 (+1 Cha, 4 ranks)
Illusion 5 (+1 Cha, 2 ranks, +2 Mind Trick feat)
Move Object 6 (+2 Int, 4 ranks)

Feats: Alter (1st level Force Training), Mind Trick (1st level regular feat), Compassion (2nd level Jedi Consular bonus feat), Control (3rd level Force Training), Lightsaber Defense (3rd level regular feat)

Languages: Speak, read and write Cerean and Basic

Like I said, still need to finish up with gear and background.

Question. How are we determining Vitality Points? And how many credits would a Consular start with? At 1st level they get 1d4x250.

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
Ambrus said:
Also, out of curiosity, would there be any interest in playing out some of the campaign in real time by chat or MSM? Even an hour or two on a weeknight could really bring out the action. Or we could alternate between BPB and chat on occassion. What do people think?

It's going to be hard for me to play the game in chat, since I'm in a different time zone than most of you. Besides, I like being able to take my time when I write and chatting IC is too stressful.

shadowbloodmoon said:
Nephtys, since you are ready to play now, I'll add you as the sixth and final character. As for character creation, let me know what type of person you would like to play and I will get you the information you need.

Great. :)

I'm considering playing a Force Adept, but I've heard they're a lot weaker class than Jedi (which might be true for most classes afaik.) What are their advatages and disadvantages compared to the other classes? If you compare them to the Jedi are they like;

Psion (FA) -vs- Psychic Warrior ?
Sorcerer -vs- Bard ?
Sorcerer -vs- Gestalt Sorcerer/Fighter/Paladin/Rogue ?

Ambrus

Explorer
As cool as it would be to do real-time, some of us, myself included may not be able to get together when everyone is ready, especially once I start teaching in the evenings after my break. Still the idea is a good one. If we could come up with a time Everyone is available...

I understand it can be tricky to get a bunch of people together online regularly, but even a single hour of online chat once in a while could permit us to have in character discussions and probably accomplish much more than we could in an entire month of posting. Like I said, if the interest is there I'm sure we can work out a time that most of the players could manage on occasion. Even if it was only once a month I think it'd still be worthwhile. The majority of the time though, we'd just post as normal.

What are their advatages and disadvantages compared to the other classes? If you compare them to the Jedi are they like;

Psion (FA) -vs- Psychic Warrior ?
Sorcerer -vs- Bard ?
Sorcerer -vs- Gestalt Sorcerer/Fighter/Paladin/Rogue ?

I have access to most of the books so I'd be happy to help you make your character.

Well, first of all, there are two base Jedi classes: the Jedi Consular and the Jedi Guardian. The Jedi Consular represents the more cerebral/social/spiritual members of the Jedi order (such as Yoda) while Jedi Guardians represent the more physical/martial members of the order (such as Obi-Wan and Luke). The Jedi Consular gets a few more skill points along with a more social oriented skill list, a selection of mental/social force feats, slightly lower BAB and vitality dice than the Jedi Guardian but good Fortitude and Will saves. The Jedi Guardian on the other hand has fewer skills points along with a narrower physical skill set to choose from, a selection of martial force feats, full BAB progression, higher vitality than the Jedi Consular but good Fortitude and Reflex saves. If you like, think of it as the Psion as compared to the Psychic Warrior.

Force adepts on the other hand, are non-Jedi who use the force according to some other undefined mystic philosophy. Between the two Jedi classes, they generally resemble the Jedi Consular a bit more than the Jedi Guardian. They get as many skill points as the Consular but with a more natural/eclectic mix of skills to choose from, a selection of sensory/mental force feats, the same BAB and vitality dice as the Consular but only good Will saves. They don't get to use lightsabers but instead channel the force through more primitive weapons to enhance their battle prowess. If you want to compare them to the Psionic classes, I guess they'd be more like Wilders?

Does this help? :)

Last edited:

Melkor

Explorer
I'm about half-way finished with my character. I had to stop character creation to read up a bit on the Force Skills & Feats last night. I had forgotten how they worked (and after reading it, I remembered that Jedi never have enough Skill Points). I'll try and get him posted tonight or tomorrow.

Ambrus

Explorer
I'm currently working on my character. Wow, I can't get over how many redundant (and useless) accessories the DRK-1 is carrying. Considering how little space is available in its 30 centimeter chasis, I have trouble imagining why an engineer would waste ressources on this stuff. I mean, since equipment bonuses dont stack, there's little point in having 360º vision sensors and motion sensors and sonic sensor each weighing an extra 1 kg when all three are trumped by having an improved sensor package that grants the exact same bonuses. It seems the editors of the A&EG were unaware of the stacking rules because the DRK-1's listen and spot skills are each 2 points above what they should be. Is it really neccessary to have have an audiorecorder and videorecorder if you already have a holorecorder which does both A.V. in 3D? Also, the imagecaster and holorecorder are two names for virtually identical pieces of equipment.

Anyways, I'm going to swap some of this stuff out and make some room in the chasis for something more useful, such as a heuristic proccessor and some manipulator arms perhaps. I figure such changes would represent an NPC's efforts to have an over-sensored stock DRK-1 made into a generally more useful assistant/bodyguard droid. ;)

As far as equipment goes, I would say since the droid usually has a mounted grenade launcher worth 2000 credits, I would say that is the amount you would have to spend on upgrades, plus 1000 for your extra level of experience

Just so you know, the DRK-1's grenade launcher isn't included with the stock model's price, it has to be purchased by the owner seperately. Do you want to reconsider my starting funds?

Last edited:

Captain Tagon

First Post
I started work on my guy. Should be done soon. I'm making him a mercenary who is actually working for the Seperatists against the Republic on whatever planet we start on, but he has some secret tie to the Jedi (old family friend or secret mission or some such) so when Order 66 goes into place he'll work to help them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases