• Yoda vs. Emperor in SITH

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Vader vs. Obi-wan in SITH

Votes: 33 22.1%

• Poll closed .

KenM

Banned
Banned
Ok, now that the last Star Wars movie is out, what do people think was the best lightsaber fight in the series?

BrooklynKnight

First Post
My GOD that was an incredible fight...

SOOO many good fights!

I really must say the best lightsaber fights in the entire series were in this movie

Mace Windu and Palpatine, Yoda and Palpatine, Obi-Wan and Anakin, Obi-wan and Grevious.

Theory: Grevious is obviously part biological. I never saw the entire clone wars series, but does anyone think its possible that Grevious is a cyborg with Darth Mauls remains?

BrooklynKnight said:
Theory: Grevious is obviously part biological. I never saw the entire clone wars series, but does anyone think its possible that Grevious is a cyborg with Darth Mauls remains?

People thought that. He's not. He was Reptillian before the Banking Clan had his shuttle crashed so they could turn him into more of a droid and make him more controllable. That's not from the Clone Wars series, but Labyrinth of Evil novel. :)

Best lightsaber fight definitely goes to Vader vs. Obi-Wan in Sith. Just wow. Amazing stuff. I really didn't expect it to be as good as it was being touted to be, especially didn't think it would top Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon vs. Maul...but it did.

Though Luke vs. Vader in ESB will always be one of my favorites, also.

orbitalfreak

First Post
I'm going to have to go against popular opinion on this one. While the Vader/Obi-Wan battle of Sith was amazingly spectacular, I feel that the Duel of the Fates in TPM is the best of the fights, at least as how they appeared onscreen. Some of the Sith action was a little too up-close to see clearly; the wider angles of TPM were more to my liking. Of course, TPM only slightly edges out over Sith.

stevelabny

Explorer
yeah. the fights in this movie used the zoom in way to close and quick cut so that nobody can tell what the heck is going on technique.

pass.

the darth maul battle wins because of 1> darth maul and 2> the music

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul. It was the first of the lightsaber battles we got to see with able-bodied people playing trained Jedi and it kicked much ass. Young Vader vs young Obi-Wan probably comes in as a close second though.

John Crichton

First Post
frankthedm said:
Vader VS. Jedi Children!!!! :D
That scene gave me chills.

As for best duel: I dunno. I'm too hyped on Revenge of the Sith right now to be objective. I loved Obi-wan/Qui-gon/Maul. I loved Yoda/Obi-wan/Anakin/Dooku. All the new duels were amazing. Time will tell which one resonates the loudest.

But if I had to choose RIGHT NOW..... um. Er. Ugh. Vader/Obi-wan in Ep3 had the most impact because of the ending scene but I don't know if it's the best. So I'll say that one for now but won't vote in the poll.

Remove ads