B-movie :Roll call : who goes where?

DrZombie

First Post
Six late teens-early twenties, out to have some fun in an out-of-the-way nature reserve, staying in Uncle Roger's woodland cabin for a week of boozing, partying, playing games, hunting. What on earth could go wrong, right?

I'm carefully starting a single PBEM, since last time I started two and discovered that it was a bit more than I could handle. So, with a lot more experience behind my belt I'll try again.

The concept is simple. One of the players has got an uncle, Uncle Roger. Uncle roger has got a large cabin/bungalow in the scottisch highlands/oregon forests/canadian plains... He uses it as a hunting lodge, a place to get away from his wife and kids and hang out with the guys.
His favorite nephew just graduated. Two months before his first job starts. So Uncle kindly lent him the keys to his bungalow, his toyota landcruiser and tells him to invite some friends.

SO here's the catch. I want six players, whom all should incorporate each-others backgrounds. One of you is the nephew/niece to uncle Roger.

Starting : lvl 1-2 modern character. Just plain, avarage people. I don't mind if someone plays a junior marine straight from basecamp, but no "when I was 3 my father was ambassador in Japan. The japanese chef-coock trained me in the secret ninja-arts blablable". 32 pt buy. No supernatural stuff.

You can all be family, friends, lovers, whatever. Just make sure you know each-other very very well. There'll be some action and a lot of role-playing. I will decide who's in and who's not depending on the characters and character-background interaction.

Starring:

Godess FallenAngel as Brittany Johnson
Bobitron as Stephanie McMillan
Taitzu52 as Rian "Rod" Berger
Bront as Brian Johnson
Zantriel as John Snow
D20Dazza as "meat"
Jennileerose as Shannon

In Memoriam:
Seeten as Brittany Johnson

Rogue Gallery

The Game:

the opening scenes

Have fun,

The Shambling One.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Welcome, ferrix. You should kinda get the idea. As to what will happen once the characters get to the cabin? Well , just watch some B-movies.

There will be some fighting, but also a lot of problem-solving, tinkering with equipment and trying to convince people not to do certain things, some sneaking around, basically, any type of character will find it's use.

Just throw some wild ideas out there, we'll see.

Bobitron

Explorer
This looks like fun, I love playing ordinaries in these type of situations. A bit too busy right now, though. Best of luck and I'll peek in once in a while.

taitzu52

First Post
Wow, this sounds fun. I think I'd like to be the dirty mouthed punk rocker. They always die quick in the movies. No ninjas here, thank you. Can I get an NPC punk rock chick attatched to my hip so I don't feel obligated to sleeze on any PCs?

Bront

The man with the probe
Tempting. I've not done a modern game, but I wouldn't mind trying. Count me in as a possable alternate if nothing else.

Edit: Actualy, I came up with an interesting idea for a character, that would also include the cabin keys.

Brian is on leave after navy boot camp, waiting till he ships off for S.E.A.L. training. His uncle, an old Navy officer himself, was so pround of Brian that he offered him the use of the cabin. So Brian rounded up a bunch of his old high school and college buds for a party up in the old cabin.

Now I'll flesh it out a bit more (including using more correct terminoligy, not normaly a bit millitary buff). Will probably build a fast hero L2 with Military Ocupation. Since he's still raw, he won't have all the cool military training, but he'll be basicly in good shape, alert, and have a little basic combat training. Obviously, I'll set him up heading towards a few Advanced classes, but those are way down the road.

If it works better, I can work him going into base navy training instead of after training but before any real training.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
taitzu52 said:
Wow, this sounds fun. I think I'd like to be the dirty mouthed punk rocker. They always die quick in the movies. No ninjas here, thank you. Can I get an NPC punk rock chick attatched to my hip so I don't feel obligated to sleeze on any PCs?

There defenitly has got to be a punk-rocker. I will not play a punk-chick npc. If you can get someone to play a bubblegumchewing airhead (or the promqueen attracted to a neutered version of a rebel who dies in scene two anyway so he won't offend too many people), more kudos to you. Go punk-rocker go.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases