B-movie :Roll call : who goes where?

Bobitron

Explorer
DrZombie said:
If you can get someone to play a bubblegumchewing airhead (or the promqueen attracted to a neutered version of a rebel who dies in scene two anyway so he won't offend too many people), more kudos to you. Go punk-rocker go.

Must... resist... temptation... :confused:

DrZombie

First Post
Bront said:
Edit: Actualy, I came up with an interesting idea for a character, that would also include the cabin keys.

Brian is on leave after navy boot camp, waiting till he ships off for S.E.A.L. training. His uncle, an old Navy officer himself, was so pround of Brian that he offered him the use of the cabin. So Brian rounded up a bunch of his old high school and college buds for a party up in the old cabin.

Now I'll flesh it out a bit more (including using more correct terminoligy, not normaly a bit millitary buff). Will probably build a fast hero L2 with Military Ocupation. Since he's still raw, he won't have all the cool military training, but he'll be basicly in good shape, alert, and have a little basic combat training. Obviously, I'll set him up heading towards a few Advanced classes, but those are way down the road.

If it works better, I can work him going into base navy training instead of after training but before any real training.

Let me know what you think.

As a starter, I don't have any problem with a military type character. But before focussing on the build, try to build in the rest of the crew. How does a military type get to hang out with the punk-rocker?

Basically, what I'm trying to do is to create a bunch of characters that know each other, and then put them through nine kazillion kinds of :):):):).
I want to see real-life characters, normal, average people, underdogs, john and jane doe's, and see how they react when they are put under extreme pressure. I want natural reactions. When , for example, the military rookie enters a room covered in blood and pieces of what used to be a human being, i don't want to see:
" john grabs his his gun and with a small metallic snap he turns of his safety. He scans the room for movement, a grin of anticipation on his eager face"

What I want to see is:
"John clutches his gun in clam, sweaty fingers. He is pale as a sheet, and feels the icy hand of panic groping around in his belly. A small moan escapes his lips, followed by his breakfast."

You see? Offcoarse, by scene five the johns and janes will be tempered by the pressure and slowly transformed into unlikely heroes (with peculiar quotes that are funny if you had a fairly recent frontal lobotomy) who can and do kick arse, but that's something else.

You know what i mean. The bookish blonde that looses her glasses and turns into a dual-pistol wielding killer, the big fat cook with the shotgun and the evil smelling cigar, the cynical lawyer who runs back into the burning building to save the homeless guy he couldn't really stand,...

Start with normal, everyday people. You'll either gain levels fairly fast, or be able to pick up different characters when the big oops happens to your character (the commander of the rescue team who meets up with the characters after his unit got whiped out,....)

As you noticed, this will be turn out to be a total cult-PBEM, wich you will only be able to rent in weird videostores where thick-spectacled over-enthousiastic balding guys will be able to quote every single line. Pay special attention to the special effects, they ate away a lot of the budget.

DrZombie

First Post
Bobitron said:
Must... resist... temptation... :confused:

You can do it, I know you can. Just one little extra character. A teeny-weeny character. How hard can it be to play a bubble-gum chewing room-temperature-IQ'ed (and we're talking °C) prom-queen.
I know you want to (and I don't really want to think too hard about that, really)

Just one.

I'll throw in a pet poodle for her. Named Felix. He can widdle against the punk-rockers leg in the opening scene.
C'mon.

You can do it.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
DrZombie said:
What I want to see is:"John clutches his gun in clam, sweaty fingers. He is pale as a sheet, and feels the icy hand of panic groping around in his belly. A small moan escapes his lips, followed by his breakfast."

I'm not sure what he has planed but that is what you should be getting. The "Seal" would be straight out of boot camp, and A school. (Technical training)

The only weapons he would have fired in the Navy would be an M-16 hollowed out to a .22 (no kick and not much of a weapon) and a 9mm pistol. (and he would have had 2 days of training with them.)

Bront

The man with the probe
DrZombie said:
As a starter, I don't have any problem with a military type character. But before focussing on the build, try to build in the rest of the crew. How does a military type get to hang out with the punk-rocker?

Maybe he was also a drummer. Drummers are always... slightly off... so are navy guys (Please don't hurt me) in scenarios like this... He might not be a punk rocker, but he just like to play drums.

I could see these guys all in a band, or something like that. Perhaps they brought the Nerd along (if someone makes one) because he helped them "pass" tests, or his sister is hot, or something.

Once we get more ideas, it's easier to draw them all togeather.

Bront

The man with the probe
Brother Shatterstone said:
I'm not sure what he has planed but that is what you should be getting. The "Seal" would be straight out of boot camp, and A school. (Technical training)

The only weapons he would have fired in the Navy would be an M-16 hollowed out to a .22 (no kick and not much of a weapon) and a 9mm pistol. (and he would have had 2 days of training with them.)

I didn't see him with anything more than basic firearms proficiency, and maybe defensive martial arts. Like I said, I can tweek the mechanics later if the concept is cool.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
I didn't see him with anything more than basic firearms proficiency, and maybe defensive martial arts. Like I said, I can tweek the mechanics later if the concept is cool.

Having done both Navy Basic Training (Boot Camp) and a “A” School that is S.E.A.L. approved (their only allowed to come from certain rats) I can tell you that defensive martial arts would need to come from outside his military training at that point in his life.

If your wanting to make a “true” S.E.A.L look at making someone short in stature, and maybe someone with the endurance feat. (The later is almost a requirement to make it through their schooling and former is darn near the template.)

Bront

The man with the probe
So there is no unarmed training in Basic?

Thanks on the endurance feat. I'll probably pick that one up.

Would the Strong, Fast, or Tough hero work better? Or would any of them work just differently?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases