So just what do we know so far about the Star Wars TV series?

Dark Jezter

First Post
As most of you probably know, a live-action Star Wars TV series is in the works that will take place in-between Episode III and Episode IV. Beyond that, however, I haven't really seen any concrete information about the series. So just what else do we know about it?

Trickstergod

First Post
The major characters from the movies will exist only periphereally. Just who counts as a major character, though, well, who's to say? For all we know, it might end up being a Boba Fett fan-boys dream (so long as they can get over the fact that it will possibly further trash any background story in the Expanded Universe Fett has).

But that's about it - major characters will have a minor role at best in the series. That's all I know.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Let's not neglect the second CGI Star Wars series Lucas has planned. I had heard somewhere that it will reveal further exploits of Anakin and Obi-Wan during the clone wars. If so, I look forward to that since I feel that this aspect was noticably lacking from the prequels in favor of much unnecessary fluff.

Also, the live action will be 100 episodes, with Lucas writing the first season. Whether he'll direct the first season is unclear, but he's definitely going to back off once its up on its own two feet.

There was a rumor of Aayla Secura(blue, Twi'lek Jedi Knight) being a character in it, as the actress said that she didn't die...but its fairly clear in Sith that Aayla is dead. So, we only know, character wise, that it'll focus on some supporting cast members from the movies.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Also, the live action will be 100 episodes, with Lucas writing the first season. Whether he'll direct the first season is unclear, but he's definitely going to back off once its up on its own two feet.

There was a rumor of Aayla Secura(blue, Twi'lek Jedi Knight) being a character in it, as the actress said that she didn't die...but its fairly clear in Sith that Aayla is dead. So, we only know, character wise, that it'll focus on some supporting cast members from the movies.
I wouldn't mind Aayla Secura as a character in the series. Besides the fact that she's extraordinarily hot for a blue-skinned tentacle-headed woman, her character hasn't been developed much in the movies or Clone Wars series, so there's a lot that they could do with her.

I'd really like it if Shaak Ti were in the series, too. She really impressed me the way she handled herself against Grevious in the Clone Wars series.

Dark Jezter said:
I wouldn't mind Aayla Secura as a character in the series. Besides the fact that she's extraordinarily hot for a blue-skinned tentacle-headed woman, her character hasn't been developed much in the movies or Clone Wars series, so there's a lot that they could do with her.

Oh, I wouldn't mind it either...but she's dead. Its made very clear in the movie that she was killed. It'd take a SERIOUS leap to say "Oh, wait, she lived!"

I'd really like it if Shaak Ti were in the series, too. She really impressed me the way she handled herself against Grevious in the Clone Wars series.

I liked her more in the novels she appeared in. You get more into her mind and she's an extremely interesting character. However, even though we didn't see her die in Sith, she did...her scene was simply cut(pun completely intended).

Pretty much all the second tier Jedi were killed in the movie, so it kind of killed off a good amount of the secondary characters that were possible for the series.

Welverin

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Pretty much all the second tier Jedi were killed in the movie, so it kind of killed off a good amount of the secondary characters that were possible for the series.

Any word on Luminara and Barriss? I didn't notice them at all in RotS.

Welverin said:
Any word on Luminara and Barriss? I didn't notice them at all in RotS.
Luminara was in a quick scene in the first Kashyyyk introduction. Of course, blink and you'd miss her...no sign of Barriss, though. And we saw neither of them die. So, while it can be assummed that Luminara died on Kashyyyk, as far as I know, there was never a death scene for her filmed like there was for Shaak Ti.

Remove ads