Valus in Twenty

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
With Funeris finally updating again, I was getting the bug as well.

If there is any character you want more depth on let me know. I'm back to long commutes again (102miles each way) so plenty of dream up time now.

---------------------------------------------------
Following the battle at the Chasm.

Magnus could barely walk without stepping on a body, or a body part to his chargrin. The exhaustion telling on his face, much of his arcane might and life force put into this battle has taken its toll on the young mage. His body had aged in this battle, his first love of abjuration magics had saved him this battle.
Many of the Drel & Dwem casters targeted him during the battle, they knew he was one of the 'great defenders' and sought to take him down.
But here he and his allies were victorious over the Drel & Dwem horde. Magnus huffed at the thought of the victory, some victory only a few hundred of Lord Alleister's men lived, many would die from there wounds as there were not enough priests to heal all of them in time.

He could see Fitz walking around the battlefield doing what he could for individuals, the telltale glow of his wand in the early morning hours doing what he could.
Tobias and Alleister and their protective contigent surveying all that remained, could see the mage approach.
"Good to see you made it Magnus," a weary Tobius sighed.
"Humph, looks like you took a pretty good hit there yourself"
"Fitz did the best he could for me during the battle, I'll live unlike many of our friends. May Reddel have mercy on their souls."

"We should head back form Rhelm's borders and safety, now that the battle is done any Carrick allies will be quickly returning to the norm of things" a nervous Alleister mentioned.

Tobias looking at Magnus, "do you think they will comeback again?"
"No Tobias, not for many years. They lost many of their champions today, it will take them the better part of a decade or two before they rise again. The Culties will go underground as they've done in the past and hope the future forgets them once again."

Reaching down taking a flask off a body, Tobias offered a toast "to our fallen comrades, lest we never forget their sacrifices" passing the flask to around to each of the men around.
"Strip the bodies, make funeral pyres for our men. The enemy dump into the Chasm. We leave tomorrow morning." Tobias's orders issued, with Alleister echoing them to his men.

Magnus slumps to a knee.......
You pushed yourself to hard, you are of no use to me dead on this field....
I am fine....
You are not, do you not think I don't notice when you pour life energy into those spells. There is a reason it is forbi....
Yes I know 'forbidden magic', that should not be tampered with, it had to be done....
It did not.
They would have died, otherwise....
Many of them did anyways, you can not save them all. Besides when you die the beast is free to do as he wishes do you not recall?
Yes I know, but today has bought me decades of time to cure him....
You still believe he can be cured, after all you have seen....
I still hold onto hope, it's all I have left for my friend.....

Tobias and Alleister rush to steady their gaunt friend, "are you ok" they both ask in unison.
"Yes fine, just find me a live enemy...."
Please don't Magnus...
I must if I am to survive...

Pulling a scroll from a closed case in his pouch, as he hovers over a dying dwem, "You will do", as the words of arcane power flow out of Magnus lips being read from the scroll, his hand shimmering as the scroll crumbles to dust. Reaching out touching the dwem's chest, Magnus's hand glows an evil black as the dwem's face grows gaunt and a silent scream escapes his lips with color returning to Magnus's face.
You know how much I hate that spell....
As do I, but it was needed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases