Star Wars d20 Adventures?

DrNilesCrane

First Post
Can anyone recommend some good resources for adventures for Star Wars d20?
(I'm looking for canned modules, not inspiration sources).

Thanks in advance!

Wycen

Explorer
You can always try looking for the old d6 West End Star Wars products. They had several adventure modules. Conversion could be a hassle but not much, I think.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
And, hey! D20 is D20 ... except for the VP/WP system and the classes, the core system of D&D and Star Wars is the same. You could modify some low-level D&D adventures and make them suitable for Star Wars.

The high-level adventures rely far too much on magic as it works in D&D to be easily retrofitted, but 5th or lower level adventures should be modifiable without too much trouble. For example ... the old standby the Sunless Citadel.

Remember that there was a tree on Dagobah that Yoda said was strong with the Dark Side. If a mere tree can harbor the energy of the Dark Side, that gives you your answer as to what the Gulthias Tree is at the bottom of the Sunless Citadel. The Citadel itself? Its a Sith temple (or training academy or outpost or whatever) that was buried in earthquakes and lava flows thousands of years ago on some backwater planet on the Outer Rim. Two factions of subterranean species native to that planet (i.e. the goblins and kobolds) found it and have been fighting over it for decades. Replace the hobgoblins with Gammoreans or some other grunts, and replace the evil druid and his two enslaved minions with a Dark Sider and some other thugs, and then all you have to do is place some appropriate adventure hooks and off you go! :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
DnDChick said:
And, hey! D20 is D20 ... except for the VP/WP system and the classes, the core system of D&D and Star Wars is the same. You could modify some low-level D&D adventures and make them suitable for Star Wars.

Darned Straight! Just Take Rappan Athuk from Necromancer Games, make it a whole Planet, and you've got a whole evening's entertainment! ;)

(Well, entertainment for the Gm, anyway.)

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Speaking of which ... isn't there a planet in Star Wars that is just a big cemetery? I think its in one of the sourcebooks somewhere ... :]

But I think RA is a little *too* magic-heavy to be easily convertible to Star Wars. It would take some work if it could be done at all.

Aside from the magic, one of the hardest parts about converting higher level D&D modules would be updating the NPCs. At lower levels, it hardly matters since the NPCs are just nameless thugs anyway. Higher level NPCs deserve a full conversion using the Star Wars classes.

Remove ads