Star Wars 2005 - Who would you cast?

KenM

Banned
Banned
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
Maybe if you're talking about 1977, but the prequels were loaded with known actors. Natalie Portman, Ewan MacGregor, and Samuel L. Jackson were hardly nobodies.

I heard when Samuel L Jackson learned that Lucas was working on new films, he went to Lucas and said " Please let me be in a Star Wars movie, I'll do whatever you want, even if I'm just a guy getting shot." So Lucas made the part of Mace Windu for him.

Ranger REG

Explorer
I know Samuel L. Jackson even before Pulp Fiction. I have heard of MacGregor in the Trainspotting film. I honestly did not know Natalie Portman before she auditioned for Star Wars.

George Lucas have recasted Harrison Ford who first appeared in his pre-Star Wars film, American Graffiti. Lucas have held audition for Ron Howard (who doesn't know him as Opie or Richie Cunningham?) and Kurt Russell (early Disney comedy films, including Flubber).

Klaus

First Post
I've known Natalie Portman since The Professional (with Jean Reno).

Speaking of which, Jean Reno would make a nice Obi-Wan. He is older now, but still looks like he kicks major tail, plus his phisique would fit in Tatooine.

And Sawyer (from Lost) as Han Solo is just genius!

Ian McKellen as Tarkin = much goodness!

How about Jessica Biel as Leia? After all, the princess sure is fighty!

John Crichton

First Post
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
Maybe if you're talking about 1977, but the prequels were loaded with known actors. Natalie Portman, Ewan MacGregor, and Samuel L. Jackson were hardly nobodies.
Yeah, but Sam Jackson wasn't starring so he doesn't count. Star Wars had some well known actors like Peter Cushing. MacGregor had been in stuff but his star rose after Star Wars (on his own steam, IMO). And Natalie Portman hadn't been in anything but The Professional, which is a cult favorite (as is Trainspotting).

Anywho, cool topic. :)

I honestly can't replace most of the roles from the original with modern day actors. But I shall indulge anyway cause now I have to. And anyone still alive who can still do the voice or put on the suit gets to stay...

Luke - Topher Grace (he already did it once! :p )
Han - Josh Holloway or Ben Browder sound good
Leia - The easiest role to cast. I'd take Eliza Dushku. She's got the body for it. ;)
Lando - Don Cheadle
Vader - James Earl Jones
R2-D2 - A very powerful CGI computer in the ILM offices. :)
Obi-wan - The hardest to cast. Ewan McGregor with makeup sounds really good, tho.
C-3P0 - Anthony Daniels
Chewbacca - Peter Mayhew
Tarkin - Wayne Pygram
Random Jawas - Verne Troyer

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Klaus said:
And Sawyer (from Lost) as Han Solo is just genius!
Nah. He's way too angry to act as a scoundrel. If Boba Fett needs a face, he'd be the archetypal Mandalorian. In fact, he reminded me of Candarous Ordo of KOTOR, if we give his hair a crew cut.

jasper

Rotten DM
Leia Halli Berry
Han Me........ Hey get your eyes off my fantasy.
Obi wan harrison Ford.
Luke that kid for 70's show and Punked (he is annoying)
Darth .. change of costume so you could see some face hmmm Antony baddarus(sp)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Jasper, you do realize that your casting would be all but impossible to make believable... Halli Berry and Ashton Kutcher don't have alot of family resemblance. ;) :lol:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Brother Shatterstone said:
Jasper, you do realize that your casting would be all but impossible to make believable... Halli Berry and Ashton Kutcher don't have alot of family resemblance. ;) :lol:
Shhh! Wait until he get to changing the Star Wars main theme to "chicka-chicka bow wow."

:lol:

Remove ads