Did anyone else notice this about Star Wars?

Testament

First Post
I can also see a relationship between the Aethersprite Jedi Starfighter and the A-Wing. The hull shape and designs are virtually identical.

Kesh

First Post
Testament said:
I can also see a relationship between the Aethersprite Jedi Starfighter and the A-Wing. The hull shape and designs are virtually identical.
That was my thought, especially the Ep2 version.

Taelorn76

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Well, right, but that's later. I'm talking about a clear evolution from Attack of the Clones era "Jedi" starfighters into Revenge of the Sith era "Jedi" starfighters that Anakin and Obiwan are flying at the beginning to very similar proto-TIE fighters that they show near the very end of the movie, to the full-blown basic TIE of the first movie.

I completely agree. The cockpit in the Jedi fighters has the same window as in the Tie fighters. Also when they open their wings, you see the beginings of the Tie wings in the shape and angles.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Those cool wheeled vehicles on Kashyeek (however thos wookies psell it) where actually a preproduction design for the AT-AT's in Empire strikes back.

Nebulous

Legend
Dagger75 said:
Those cool wheeled vehicles on Kashyeek (however thos wookies psell it) where actually a preproduction design for the AT-AT's in Empire strikes back.

Those were great, but that's my original point: how come we only know them as "cool wheeled vehicles?" Do they even have a name referenced in the film? I doubt it. I think i'll dub them CWV's. ;)

The_Universe

First Post
Nebulous said:
Those were great, but that's my original point: how come we only know them as "cool wheeled vehicles?" Do they even have a name referenced in the film? I doubt it. I think i'll dub them CWV's. ;)
I believe it's called a Behemoth, and it prophetically appeared in the D6 Star Wars Imperial Handbook in the early '90's.

The_Universe

First Post
Dagger75 said:
Kashyyk. ;) Those Wookiees love their superfluous double vowels...

Nebulous said:
As soon as the Revenge of the Sith pre-production art and design book is more widely read, as the earlier movies books are, we may be having a different discussion, though.

Remove ads