Murder is the Pits

two

First Post
No Offense

"No offense, dear gentleman," says Sunny Perriwinkle, "I was very interested in your various performances, and while certainly competant, and in some cases exceeding my own showing in terms of pure mahem, I do not think they come close to matching, either in spirit nor skill shown, my own one-two punch, which is (I honestly believe) at the root of Petra's stunned silence.

I may add, at this juncture, that I had considered but at the last minute revised another attack routine, which involved ingestion of a large quantity of beans two hours before the performance, followed by bending over and looking at the enemy through my legs and, while lighting a match with one hand, throwing a dagger with the other, and (if all conditions are correct) sending a mini-plume of methane-powered flames towards my embittered enemy (as well as the dagger, which doubtlessly would have poked out an eye).

I assure you, it is with my deep apologies that I found myself unable to pull off this particular routine; if only because I didn't have the required 2 hours notice."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
ooc:[sblock] :heh: so sue me for having a long weekend with nice enough weather to get some stuff done.... ok, back to work.... :D [/sblock]
Petra observes Sunny's performance with mild amusement, and smiles broadly at Vanitri's dance. "Yes, I'd be glad to speak to your sister as well..."

When Fang is done chewing on Mr Stuffy, and Petra's heart has started again, she says, "ah.... I, er, that is.... I would be happy to hire you for the arena under most circumstances but as, well, not in the capacity I'm looking at here.... I think you will need to wait for other employment."

To Zaeryl she says sincerely, "I appriciate your willingness, but I do think that for reasons different than with Mr. Fang, this employment opportunity is not the right match for your talents and temperment. I have no doubt that you will soon find gainful employment more suited to a, er, non-flesh-creature such as yourself.

She observes the others, smiling on occasion, and then spends a few moments asking different people to stand beside each other. finally she nods to herself and steps back to speak to the group as a whole. "Thank you all for your performances. As I have been sent here with a limited mandate, I cannot seek the aid of as many as you as I would like. Given my specific needs, however, I would like to extend an invitation of employment to Vanitri and his sister Rosalynn, also the hammer weilding healer Micheal and Mr. Ironwolf. Sunny, I think your act would have a great deal of promise, and if you were ever interested in real rather than sham employment in the Arena, you should feel free to contact me. However, I cannot currently sell you as a serious star."

She waits politly to see if those she had extended the invitations to accept them.

two

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
ooc:[sblock] :heh: so sue me for having a long weekend with nice enough weather to get some stuff done.... ok, back to work.... :D [/sblock]
Petra observes Sunny's performance with mild amusement, and smiles broadly at Vanitri's dance. "Yes, I'd be glad to speak to your sister as well..."

When Fang is done chewing on Mr Stuffy, and Petra's heart has started again, she says, "ah.... I, er, that is.... I would be happy to hire you for the arena under most circumstances but as, well, not in the capacity I'm looking at here.... I think you will need to wait for other employment."

To Zaeryl she says sincerely, "I appriciate your willingness, but I do think that for reasons different than with Mr. Fang, this employment opportunity is not the right match for your talents and temperment. I have no doubt that you will soon find gainful employment more suited to a, er, non-flesh-creature such as yourself.

She observes the others, smiling on occasion, and then spends a few moments asking different people to stand beside each other. finally she nods to herself and steps back to speak to the group as a whole. "Thank you all for your performances. As I have been sent here with a limited mandate, I cannot seek the aid of as many as you as I would like. Given my specific needs, however, I would like to extend an invitation of employment to Vanitri and his sister Rosalynn, also the hammer weilding healer Micheal and Mr. Ironwolf. Sunny, I think your act would have a great deal of promise, and if you were ever interested in real rather than sham employment in the Arena, you should feel free to contact me. However, I cannot currently sell you as a serious star."

She waits politly to see if those she had extended the invitations to accept them.

Sunny's eyes widen, and his face looks more than a little shocked --

"I'm confused Petra, my 'act' as you call it, certainly has elements of humor attached to it, but it is, nevertheless, quite deadly. I am interested in real, rather tham 'sham' employment, I assure you -- and if your audience requires greater 'seriousness' than that is easily enough supplied. All I ask is a chance to compete; I feel you are (perhaps) judging my capabilities a bit too lightly.

It is, perhaps, a great advantage in the arena to be taken too lightly. It allows for opportunities that might not be granted to a more 'obviously' dangerous opponent. I can turn that to my advantage. Winning, after all, is the bottom line; everybody loves a winner. And a winner that manages to win in surprising ways -- well, that's got 'crowd favorite' written all over it.

I respectuflly request a reconsideration; perhaps another example of my dead-eye skills? Another type of summoning?"

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
"I would like to extend an invitation of employment to Vanitri and his sister Rosalynn, also the hammer weilding healer Micheal and Mr. Ironwolf."

Ironwolf bows his acceptance.

"I am honored to serve."

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri smiles and nods to Petra "I'm glad to accept, and glad to be accompanied by such a fine crew."

Vanitri turns to Sunny "My friend, you were quite impressive with that big sword of yours. I'm sure you'll find other employment soon enough."

Vanitri turns to Rosalynn and says "Well lil'sis, looks like something interesting just poped up."

OOC:
[sblock]You'll hear from my lawyer shortly :p [/sblock]

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Petra seems to slide into a very comfortable emotional place when Sunny complains of her decision. "Mr. Sunny, let me assure you that I have a great deal of experience in what will and will not work in the Arena, as I work as a manager for all of my Master's gladiators. And, as I indicated, were I merely hiring gladiators in my normal fashion, I would be quite happy to take you on and integrate your particular talents into our lineup. But in this case, and forthis job, I have certain needs, and I know that others will work better for those needs than yourself. Please do not take this as any sort of personal slight, it is simply a business assessment."

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf joins in with Vanitri's offer of condolences to Sunny, and wishes him good luck. "The world is smaller than it seems at first glance, and I expect we will all meet again, if we keep our wits about us and our hearts beating."

Examining the chosen few, Ironwolf considers the problem of bringing forth a popular champion. "Another question occurs to me. Does Arena combat involve teams at all? If so, we should have a name. Vanitri's Avengers? Rosalynn's Renegades?"

ooc: Petra has chosen a team very much like the archetypical party of four. Placing a Bard in the mage slot should create an interesting feel, and one that is more combat oriented. Should be fun!

ajanders

Explorer
Patlin said:
Ironwolf joins in with Vanitri's offer of condolences to Sunny, and wishes him good luck. "The world is smaller than it seems at first glance, and I expect we will all meet again, if we keep our wits about us and our hearts beating."

Examining the chosen few, Ironwolf considers the problem of bringing forth a popular champion. "Another question occurs to me. Does Arena combat involve teams at all? If so, we should have a name. Vanitri's Avengers? Rosalynn's Renegades?"

ooc: Petra has chosen a team very much like the archetypical party of four. Placing a Bard in the mage slot should create an interesting feel, and one that is more combat oriented. Should be fun!

"I'll get my pack, pay my score, and be with you in two shakes of a lamb's tail."
Michael suits his actions to his words and steps into the Inn.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Vanitri's 'Vengers? Can't say I don't like the sound of that. Rosalynn's Renagates isn't to bad either. Course, we don't need our names in the title. Could go with somethin' simple like Wolfpack. But I'm not the expert on such things." Vanitri turns to Petra hoping for her input.

OOC: Didn't notice the balanced team thing, but yes, it is amazingly enough. No full BAB characters, but 4 capable warriors none the less. On a side note, Jennileerose is a third shifter (I will be in a few weeks as well, shouldn't cause a problem), so you'll probably hear more from her later at night or earlier in the morning.

ajanders

Explorer
Bront said:
"Vanitri's 'Vengers? Can't say I don't like the sound of that. Rosalynn's Renagates isn't to bad either. Course, we don't need our names in the title. Could go with somethin' simple like Wolfpack. But I'm not the expert on such things." Vanitri turns to Petra hoping for her input.

Michael comes back with a pack, whistling something like anti-music to himself.
"I reckon I could live with the Wolfpack, but I'll bow to the wishes of the company. You can mostly call me anything but late for dinner."

Remove ads