Dark Tides, Cold Steel

Gomez

First Post
Kira Fierken sat on the cushioned chair and stared at the sliver platter filled with fruit and cheese. The crystal goblet in her hand was half full of a very nice Aundairean red wine. A tall clock ticked away in the corner. She was happy to get the note requesting her presence and offering a possible job. Her money was starting to get tight even more so since she liked to like well. But this waiting was unnerving. Almost an hour now. The crusty looking manservant has said that his employer would be along soon to speak with her. Well at least the food and wine was good.

Bront

The man with the probe
Gomez said:
A pretty barmaid plops herself into Zandrick lap with a laugh. "Looking for some fun?" she says and gives him a playful nibble on the ear. As she does so she whispers in his ear.

"Down the street is a carriage. If your looking for work, I would suggest you get in it."

She then stands up and says with a pout. "Well I guess next time!" and she dances away.
Zandrick will slip a gold somewhere on the barmaid in a grope, and whispers back "Thanks gal"

"Sorry gal, no time for the fun stuff. Maybe next time." He gives her a playfull wink and a slap on the behind as she dances away.

After taking the final sips in his mug, he stands up and heads out of the tavern. Looking around, he makes his way to the carriage, opens the door, and steps inside. "I was told someone here was looking to hire." he says.

Gomez

First Post
Bront said:
After taking the final sips in his mug, he stands up and heads out of the tavern. Looking around, he makes his way to the carriage, opens the door, and steps inside. "I was told someone here was looking to hire." he says.

A large covered coach with four cream-colored horses waits in the rain just down the street. A driver in a seal skin coat and a wide brim hat sits holding the reins. He looks down at Zandrick with a long weather beaten face and hooked nose. "Step on inside. There be a jug of hot spiced rum under the front seat. There are a few more passengers comin' before I can take ya to my boss."

Gez

First Post
Nil drinks the ale, leaves a sovereign in the cup, then stirs and move out of the inn. At the door, he turns back, look at the various patrons -- including the hobgoblins -- and, with a smile, wish them all a merry night; before leaving the tavern for good.

The note tucked in his hand, he heads for the mysterious carriage. Once there, he motions a large salute to the driver before handing him the note.

« Hello there, lad. I have something for you that says you have something for me, if I'm not mistaken. »

Gomez

First Post
Gez said:
« Hello there, lad. I have something for you that says you have something for me, if I'm not mistaken. »

The driver lets out a phlegm filled laugh. "Lad is it? Well bucko, I think I have seen a few more winters than ya have. Step on in and wait with the other. I be going when the last one comes."

Bobitron

Explorer
Kira sits patiently in the chair, the first one with cushions she has been in for nearly a week. This iis getting to be a bore, she admits inwardly. Maybe I should ask someone. But who would know?

The trip northeast had been draining on the young woman. She had taken the lightning rail as far as it ran, all the way from Breland to Krona Peak, but the rest of the journey had proven uncomfortable and slow. Getting a ship to Port Verge had drained the majority of her purse. Kira reminded herself of her funds by fingering her purse and rubbing together the meager coins within. If this doesn't work out, I'll have to find a job somewhere. Maybe doing some scribing? Ughh. She turned back to her wine and waited with a frown.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Gomez said:
A large covered coach with four cream-colored horses waits in the rain just down the street. A driver in a seal skin coat and a wide brim hat sits holding the reins. He looks down at Zandrick with a long weather beaten face and hooked nose. "Step on inside. There be a jug of hot spiced rum under the front seat. There are a few more passengers comin' before I can take ya to my boss."
Zandrick nods and steps in side. Shaking off the water a bit, he hit sits back and smiles. 'Ahh, the life of luxury. Enjoy it what you can sailor man.'

Gez

First Post
Gomez said:
The driver lets out a phlegm filled laugh. "Lad is it? Well bucko, I think I have seen a few more winters than ya have. Step on in and wait with the other. I be going when the last one comes."

« Your many winters are a possibility, I used to live farther south. :D »

He hops in.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Gomez said:
"Yer right but I already asked him and he turned me down. There is a brown coach with 4 cream colored horses just down the street. Tell the driver that Harraga sent ya. He will take you to meet with someone looking to hire your services." says the barkeep to Nameless.
The nameless warforged nods and rises from his seat, going to find the brown coach. When he finds it, he stops near the driver. "I was to say Harraga sent me," he says politely.

Gomez

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
The nameless warforged nods and rises from his seat, going to find the brown coach. When he finds it, he stops near the driver. "I was to say Harraga sent me," he says politely.

"Step on in and we will get going." says the driver. Stepping into the carriage, the warforged sees two others; a changeling and a half-elf. He remembers seeing both at the tavern just minutes before. Once inside the carriage the driver cracks his whip and it begins to move down the muddy street.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases