Dark Tides, Cold Steel

Bront

The man with the probe
"Greetings Captain. Tis a pleasure to meet you. I'm looking foward to hearing what you have to offer." Zandrick says, trying to place if he's heard the name or the ship before.

OOC: [sblock]I don't know if any skill I have would help, but have I heard of this captain or the ship before in my travels? Prof: Sailor +3 seems to be the most appropriate skill I have (No Knowledge skills), though Gather Info +6 might work as well.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hulk looks around the room again. If he's not sure any chair will bear his weight, he'll simply stand in a relaxed pose, nodding politely at the captain.

Gomez

First Post
Zandrick OOC: [sblock] Pere Ovalo is the youngest son of Tashik Ovalo a vassal of Prince Kolberkon. He owns 4 or 5 ships of Prince Kolberkon's fleet. Taskik is getting old though and it is rumored that he is going to step down from command of his flagship, The Tempest.[/sblock]

Gomez

First Post
Captain Ovalo continues. "My family has lived here on Questor for over 20 generations. About 60 years ago our family estate burned down up country and my grandfather moved the family to Port Verge. Going over some family documents, I have discovered that our family signet ring that was believed lost is in fact buried with my great grandfather in the family crypt at the old estate. I need you to go and retrieve it for me. I cannot leave Port Verge and I do not want to involve any of my own men." He throws a heavy bag on the table between you and him. The sound of coins jingles as it hits the table. "Here is 200 gold sovereigns to start you out. Once the signet ring is in my hands you will get 4000 more. Oh one more thing, the ruins of old estate is reputed to be haunted. Is it a deal?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Zandrick replies "I'm certaintly game. How far away is your estate?"

'Always good to get in nice with another captain. Especialy if he'll have access to more than one ship. Can't command them all.' Zandrick thinks.

Gomez

First Post
"It is three days by horse or about a week by foot north of here. The family still owns the land and there are several family owned ranches in the area." he says.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"A question. If the place is haunted, it may be that destruction will have to be visited upon your family crypt. Do you desire this?" Hulk asks.

Gez

First Post
« Since the estate the crypt is in had burned down, the place probably won't be pristine to begin with, anyway. »

Remove ads