Tournament of Champions Rules & OOC Discussion

Infiniti2000

First Post
Welcome back, PJS! If I may call you PJS, that is. I suppose it's better than mistyping it as PMS. Of course, I would never willingly do that, unless of course one of LN's champions were to actually beat a CN champion. Then, I might do something to that effect, but that's a pretty remote chance isn't it? Oops, rambling again...

Gansk

Explorer
Greybar, you are making a valiant effort to kill that psionic mushroom with your Oceanus Dragon, but I think you forgot about your half-giant champion in the process? Just curious.

ugulu

First Post
There is even more violence and tyranny than usual in the LE gallery after Drek's loss.

OOC: If I hadn't brought up the Dodge bonus vs. giants, I'm betting he would have gotten a 16 on the attack and missed...luck of the duergar.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Gansk said:
The alignment with fewer potential candidates chooses who goes first. If there is a tie, then a random roll will give one of the alignments the choice to go first or not. Remember that both combatants will already be inside the arena and will be flatfooted in the first round until they act.
I'd like to bring this back up. I think initiative should be rolled. I don't agree that having fewer critters is any kind of disadvantage. We've already proven that it will likely never go beyond three creatures, much less any more, so the advantage given to the alignment with fewer creatures is really unfair. Does anyone else have a comment? This would also make some of those monsters actually useful with their improved initiative.

Gansk

Explorer
Well so far a good creature hasn't won, so why should they be forced to pick a creature with good initiative when their choices are already limited?

ugulu

First Post
FWIW: I think rolling initiative for the ToC would be nice. Especially in the CR2-6 range, I'd think the first round could be the entire show. The fact that I'm playing goons who will never have INIT certainly colors my opinion a bit, but it will become a big deal as long-range spells enter the tourney.

Gansk

Explorer
So far I'm outnumbered two to one, so the new initiative rule will go into effect unless someone joins my side by the time the CR 2 edition starts - August 29nd.

Last edited:

Gansk

Explorer
I still need submissions for NG, NE, & LE.

I guess we can start as soon as ugulu submits - the other two have yet to reappear in the main battle.

Remove ads