Tournament of Champions Rules & OOC Discussion

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Gahh!

*sob*

I can fix one of my 3 pbp games. - I Googled it and pulled the Cache then did heavy editing.
but the battleOAA - I dont keep records, and Im not sure what could be found.

What does anyone have saved?
okay found this:
Code:
Arborea Arena 
CG vs. LE: Shiradi Eladrin vs. Malebranche (  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last Page ) 

Celestia Arena 
LG (FFA) vs. CE (FFA): Old Bronze Dragon vs. Necronaut (  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last Page ) 

Mechanus Arena 
LN vs. CN: Very Old Vivacious Rust Dragon vs. Very Old Sand Dragon (  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last Page ) 

Outland Arena 
ToC CR 4 Quarterfinals - LG vs. CE: Silver Dragon Wyrmling vs Very Young Chaos Dragon (  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last Page ) 

Elysium Arena 
NG vs. NE (FFA): Astral Deva vs. Cloud Giant (  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last Page )

Last edited:

Gansk

Explorer
PJSlavner and I kept some notes - we should be able to restore about 90% or more of the current situation.

As far as the historical archives for the last five months, c'est la vie!

Gansk

Explorer
OK, if there are no objections I am simply adding a +1 CR to the dragons, but keeping them in the tournament. The CR 4 dragons, including Jalnur, can re-enter and try to show their dominance once again. If they still prove to be the best choice among the non-dragon CR 5's, then we'll add another CR.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
I agree that +1 CR sounds good.
If you guys are familiar with Upper_Krust's variant CR, he had some basic pattern that came out of his CR analysis, though I can't remember what it is. However, since I agree that the point of TBoAA and ToC isn't to make a variant CR system, perhaps that's not too much of a big deal. But if people want they could look up UK's work for something that many people seemed to receive as a better system.

Gansk

Explorer
I have read his work, and it's extremely complicated, although most probably a more accurate representation of CR. I would be tempted to use it, but the amount of work to calculate the CR of a non-MM monster exceeds the value of the accuracy, IMO. If he calculated the CR of every monster in every book for me (maybe he has since the last time I checked), then it might be worth it.

PJSlavner

Explorer
CR +1 sounds good to me. Maybe Jalnur will be the Archie Griffin of TBoAA.

Gansk, for once I will need you to send me the list of LN CR 5 creatures. Now that past TBoAA battles have been wiped out, I will not be able to research like I have in the past. Thank you.

Remove ads