[SWd20] Which SWd20 books are worth my paycheck? :)

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
I'm getting into the d20 Star Wars game late in its history, so I'm trying to backpedal and get the good books before they all disappear. lol

This is my Wish List so far, of accessories I think should be the most useful. Any suggestions on which ones are more or less useful?

The two planet books
GM Screen
Galactic Campaign Guide
Ultimate Adversaries
Hero's Guide (I've already been told this one is invaluable ... thanks guys!)
Starships of the Galaxy (already know this one is OOP and hard to find)

I know there are many more sourcebooks, but which of them are the most useful?

Ghostwind

First Post
Besides the revised core book, I'd recommend Ultimate Adversaries, Galactic Campaign Guide, Hero's Guide, and Arms & Equipment Guide. Starships of the Galaxy is beautiful but worthless with the revised rules regarding starship combat.

Breakdaddy

First Post
Ghostwind said:
Besides the revised core book, I'd recommend Ultimate Adversaries, Galactic Campaign Guide, Hero's Guide, and Arms & Equipment Guide. Starships of the Galaxy is beautiful but worthless with the revised rules regarding starship combat.

I've been using SoTG with no problems in my revised campaign. I just downloaded the PDF from the wizards site that revised the speeds and havent had any issues with using them.

tsadkiel

Legend
DnDChick said:
The two planet books

As someone who has only seen the movies (and the Clone Wars cartoon, and yes, the Ewok TV movies, but let's not get into that) I find the Planet books really useful. Of the two, I'd probably recommend the Outer Rim book more, since the planets seem more varied, and more fun.

Truthfully, all of them are worth it except maybe the two Secrets of... planet books and the first Alien Anthology. The Secrets of... just weren't all that great, and they're even hard to find than SotG these days. The original Alien Anthology's content is now in the Ultimate Alien Anthology and the creatures from the book are in Ultimate Adversaries.

Just depends on what kind of game you're running. If its a Rebellion or NJO Era, try to pick up the book for the Era. Both books are very good for giving adventure ideas and info on the time period.

If you're running a Jedi game, Power of the Jedi is great, as is Dark Side Sourcebook. Though the latter is pre-Revised, converting material isn't hard at all, and most of the major changes can be found at the FAQ page on SWRPGNetwork.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
I'm going to run a campaign set between EpIII and EpIV, starting about 5 years after EpIII. The Jedi Purge is still underway, this new "Darth Vader" fellow is making a name for himself, and the Old Republic is cedng power to the new Empire.

I'm even gonna get all Lucas on the characers and give them a pointless tie-in to the later movies. Their first mission will be to steal a YT-1300 freighter for a crime lord .. but not just any YT-1300 ... the first one to roll off the assembly line in at the Corellian Shipyard's 1,000th year of continuous operation. This momentous occasion is to be celebrated by a special edition ship that is better, faster, and more maneuverable than the others ... since it's the first ship produced in the shipyard's 1,000th year, it will be dubbed ... the Millenium Falcon.

After my campaign it eventually finds its way to a young Lando Calrissian, and from him to Han Solo after a bad hand of sabacc ... ;)

(And if that doesn't fit with the "canon" history of the Falcon ... oops ... if Lucas can warp history I can certainly do it for my game! :))

DnDChick said:
(And if that doesn't fit with the "canon" history of the Falcon ... oops ... if Lucas can warp history I can certainly do it for my game! :))

Sounds like a fun game. Just so you know, though, the Falcon was already being flown by the time of Sith. It was in a quick shot early in the movie...and Lucas confirmed it was, in fact, the Falcon and not just a generic YT-1300.

Shouldn't let that stop you with your game idea, though, as it sounds fun and that's the most important thing. :)

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Wow I didn't even see that ... oh well ... maybe they steal it from the guy who has it then. It doesn't have to be brand new to still fit in with my idea. ;)

Remove ads