Elemental Princes of Evil / Archomentals

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
I need to identify all the sources that these 5 beings have appeared in (Cryonax, Imix, Ogremoch, Ohlydra, and Yan-C-Bin). Can you help me? :)

Brakkart

First Post
Only sources for them I have are Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix 3 (all five evil {the five you've named already} and all 4 good Archomentals {Ben-Hadar, Chan, Sunnis & Zaaman Rul} on pages 16-21) and Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (just Imix on page 188). Hope thats some use to you.

Last edited:

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Chan is mentioned in Dungeon #124, in the "Glyphs of the Wind Dukes" sidebar.

There is another one, Bwimb, Lord of Elemental Ooze, who I think was killed in Dead Gods. I think he may have come from a Dragon article, originally. I likewise think there may have been a crystal one from Dragon somewhere.

--Erik Mona
http://www.superunicorn.com/erik

Ruined

Explorer
An old Egg of the Phoenix module we played through had four or five of the Evil Princes. I have no idea if it was normally in the module, nor if the module was TSR or some other company like Role Aids. Cracked-out fun, though.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Ruined said:
An old Egg of the Phoenix module we played through had four or five of the Evil Princes. I have no idea if it was normally in the module, nor if the module was TSR or some other company like Role Aids. Cracked-out fun, though.

Correct. I12 - Egg of the Phoenix (TSR) has three of them (Olhydra, Ogremoch, and Yan-C-Bin; no stats provided) on page 45.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Erik Mona said:
Chan is mentioned in Dungeon #124, in the "Glyphs of the Wind Dukes" sidebar.

There is another one, Bwimb, Lord of Elemental Ooze, who I think was killed in Dead Gods. I think he may have come from a Dragon article, originally. I likewise think there may have been a crystal one from Dragon somewhere.

--Erik Mona
http://www.superunicorn.com/erik

Bwimb was considered an archomental by some, then during the events of 'Dead Gods' he was obliterated by Orcus/Tenebrous. His place was taken by Bwimb II, Princess of Elemental Ooze. She's mentioned in 'Guide to the Inner Planes' in Planescape.

That last book also mentions some of the lesser Archomentals, though they may or may not have any relation to the main Elemental Princes of Evil (who all claim to have been sired by the Elder Elemental God).

Cryonax is the self-titled Archomental of Ice, though he's not on the same scale of power as the others, though he is evil.

There's also a similar being for Quasielemental Mineral named Crystalle (sp?) though I'd have to look in the book for his exact details. There's also a being for paraelemental Magma, but he's an altogether different sort of creature than the Archomentals.

All of them are mentioned in 'Guide to the Inner Planes'.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Bwimb? Bwimb!?! Who came up with that name?

I mean, honestly! Considering that any followers this critter has would have to be called "bwimbos", you'd think he/she/it would choose something else...

Shemeska

Adventurer
Umbran said:
Bwimb? Bwimb!?! Who came up with that name?

I mean, honestly! Considering that any followers this critter has would have to be called "bwimbos", you'd think he/she/it would choose something else...

Considering the personality that most ooze mephits have, they'd probably think it was the dandiest thing in the world. *chuckle*

*pokes an ooze mephit with something sharp and evil*

Remove ads