Occupants of Red Dragon Inn

Rystil Arden

First Post
Wow, that's enough to fill up over four games, but so many of them are level 1. Hopefully we'll grab more higher level folks before recruitment begins.

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange said:
I also have
Solange (Cleric 1)
Shadya (Human Paragon 1)
waiting in the wings.
Yup... also somewhere wandering the streets of Orussus are some new 2nd level characters - Cludge Slatefist (dwarf fighter), Saithnar (elan psion), Rathan Hawthorne (human cleric) - plus Atomerasu Worthallingham (human wizard 1) who've just finished W1: Blacklily Violence, which Solange participated in, as did my Conuld (human transmuter 1). My Taelythenihel Nimmilemar (gray elf necromancer 1) has made an appearance in the RDI, but is currently hiding out in her room.

We really do have a lot of new low level characters from newly active EnWorlders. I wonder what triggered off the rush.

Am I right in thinking that DMs find 1st level adventures a little dull to run?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Trouvere said:
Yup... also somewhere wandering the streets of Orussus are some new 2nd level characters - Cludge Slatefist (dwarf fighter), Saithnar (elan psion), Rathan Hawthorne (human cleric) - plus Atomerasu Worthallingham (human wizard 1) who've just finished W1: Blacklily Violence, which Solange participated in, as did my Conuld (human transmuter 1). My Taelythenihel Nimmilemar (gray elf necromancer 1) has made an appearance in the RDI, but is currently hiding out in her room.

We really do have a lot of new low level characters from newly active EnWorlders. I wonder what triggered off the rush.

Am I right in thinking that DMs find 1st level adventures a little dull to run?
What triggered the rush seemed to be three or four newbies who each made three characters, which can sort of make a wave.

It's true that I really don't like 1st-level adventures. Fortunately, since we are forced to use the DMG XP system, it is very hard to run any adventure of significant length that is a '1st-level' adventure (though apparently Blacklily Violence proved me wrong!) since the XP rises at such a rapid rate that characters will likely be level 2 or 3 by the time the main action occurs unless it happens all on the same day in game time.

Solange

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
What triggered the rush seemed to be three or four newbies who each made three characters, which can sort of make a wave.

It's true that I really don't like 1st-level adventures. Fortunately, since we are forced to use the DMG XP system, it is very hard to run any adventure of significant length that is a '1st-level' adventure (though apparently Blacklily Violence proved me wrong!) since the XP rises at such a rapid rate that characters will likely be level 2 or 3 by the time the main action occurs unless it happens all on the same day in game time.
Most of the people in Blacklily Violence almost made 2nd. And it only lasted 6 weeks or so.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Solange said:
Most of the people in Blacklily Violence almost made 2nd. And it only lasted 6 weeks or so.
Ah, I see. I once sent two dwarves as replacement characters to join a group missing out on people (I used a dwarf whose character dropped as a hook). One dwarf was level 4 and the other was level 1. On the way, they fought 4 Orc Barbarians and then found the Orcs' lair where there were 4 more and some captured women. That took like 3 days in real life time, but 8 * 300 = 2400 / 2 = 1200 XP each, so the level 1 Dwarf leveled ;)

Solange

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Ah, I see. I once sent two dwarves as replacement characters to join a group missing out on people (I used a dwarf whose character dropped as a hook). One dwarf was level 4 and the other was level 1. On the way, they fought 4 Orc Barbarians and then found the Orcs' lair where there were 4 more and some captured women. That took like 3 days in real life time, but 8 * 300 = 2400 / 2 = 1200 XP each, so the level 1 Dwarf leveled ;)
If you give Solange half an orc to kill she'll level :)

Rae mentioned possibly doing a Sairundan adventure, which would be nice, and would clear out some low levelers, and maybe level a few up.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Not that he's in a position to return that soon, but I think Ashnar might want to stay clear of the RDI for a bit, there. :heh:
Don't worry--Rapture is a Paladin of Freedom. She hates Lawful people the most. Oh wait... :p

Remove ads